Goal of the Season 2020-2021

What about that Salah goal from Shaqiri volley/pass from the byline?

2 Likes

Few more good ones from next set of games:

Team goal vs Midtjylland, again excellent pass by Shaq to make it possible and finished off by Jota @ 00:26

Jota’s exquisite control and finish vs Atalanta @ 00:16

For that pass, Salah goal vs United - @ 00:02

Salah vs West Ham @ 00:34. I like this one a lot as well, beautiful finish in such a tight space

Until I remembered this in the same game… Man we had some good goals this season
What a counter this was… perfect! Salah @ 00: 48

Edit: @Zoran think you are referring to the below one-

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one.

But I agree if we just give it to Alisson.

That goal is simply Liverpool. :joy:

3 Likes

Firmino against Palace? Trent with the switch, Robertson’s cross, and then Firmino’s brilliant touch. I think that’s my favourite this season.

2 Likes

The following is from the NBCSN post match show with Ali’s goal. NBCSN played a clip from Telemundo (not ESPN) at 10 minutes of the video. I believe that this commentary has not been shown.

It’s likely you will need VPN (the video is likely geolock to US).

https://youtu.be/HUJVqunfSD0?t=603

1 Like

Good to have you back, buddy. Hope you have been well.

2 Likes

Alissons goal for me but I am pretty sure all 7 of the goals at palace deserve a mention.

1 Like

After AB, I would be going with Bobby’s beautiful angled dink over the CP GK. Sublime skill.

Pretty slim pickings this year though.

Thanks, all good here. Just took a break from football media and pretty much everything around it :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, Allison Beckers goal hands down, a beauty and so important.

:+1:

But that horrible silence in the stands, it even more noticed after Sunday with a part of the crowd back.

1 Like

Yeah, that goal was presented as one of the top three goals of the season by Motd this weekend. Beautiful.

But for me, Alli’s is obviously the one.

1 Like

For me it has to be the Alisson header…
Can you imagine the pressure he must have been under as the ball was approaching him…
The thoughts that would have instantly been going through his mind…
The moment of contact for Hero or Villain…
The noise of the ball hitting the net…
The boys mobbing him…
Memories in the history books for ever

2 Likes

Alissons goal

• unexpected :white_check_mark:
  • last minute :white_check_mark:
  • important goal :white_check_mark:
  • a beauty :white_check_mark:
  • unstoppable :white_check_mark:

It ticks all the boxes

Goal of the season for me

I wish I didn’t have to but I’ll add in

• emotional back story :white_check_mark:

Can’t wait for next season for Mo and Sadio to compete for the “save of the season award”

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking I remember the goalie not being at fault for any. I think he could have got closer to one but they were all pretty decent if I remember.

1 Like

Top 10 from TIA: Would be nice if they have video clips like some of the above posts.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching this on repeat. So much joy. Ali’s goal obviously stands alone, but I think Trent’s goal v Villa might be my favorite of the lot. The situation, the tension, the emotion, his reaction. And the strike was absolute perfection.

2 Likes

The club have annouced the results from their goal of the season comp - no prizes for guessing number 1 :smiley: Thoughts on the rest of the five; are they the ones you’d have picked?

2 Likes

Would have had Salah vs West Ham and Firmino vs Palace as my nr 2 and 3. Can’t argue with the winner though :grin:

2 Likes