Goal of the Season 2020-2021

The Thiago and the TAA goals were also great, and very important.

1 Like

That Westham Salah goal was the one I was picturing.

3 Likes

Alisson scored the most meaningful goal, the best moment of the season, when the belief of making top 4 really hit. But some of Salahs goals were technical masterpieces.

4 Likes

Alisson’s superb headed goal was akin to a defibrillator to every single LFC fan when we needed it the most. A reminder of the magical journey of fairy-tale endings we have been on since Jurgen walked through the doors at Anfield… A journey that has raised our hopes so high and brought us back the pride in our chest that comes with supporting this team we love so much.
Covid, empty stadiums and shite refereeing has all contributed to f*** us over good style…
That ball, after it left Alissons head, hit the exact the position in the goal we had our reset button positioned… Next season we go again was the sound the rippling net seemed to say…
Can anyone remember last years goal of the season, or the one before that, or the one before that again… Probably not, but Alissons will be remembered for decades to come.
That, is why it was so deserving of winning goal of the season
COYR

6 Likes

Well said @sandsoftime. All true but, I think I’ll remember Mo’s goal against WHU for a very long time too. Not as meaningful a goal as Ali’s but I could watch it on loop. Such a great goal.
That being said though, when Ali scored I can only compare it to Divock’s 96th minute winner against the Ev and his winner against Barca in terms of how I felt when they were scored. Disbelief, relief and euphoria all rolled into one. In the grand scheme of things West Brom have never been our biggest rivals but two moments against them have kick-started things for us in recent history. Ali’s goal and Jürgen taking the players to The Kop post match after drawing 2-2 with them. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I’d have

1 - Alisson vs West Brom
2 - Firmino vs Tottenham
3 - TAA vs Villa

Can’t beat a late winner but also the context around the goals is important.

Alisson’s interview after the game, the situation with his father etc made it all the more special.

Firmino’s header was in front of 2000 at Anfield which was a nice little bit of respite from the empty stadiums. Even having so few fans in made a difference, and Bobby ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them.

Trent’s was a great strike and came amidst heavy and ridiculously disproportionate criticism because he had one poor half against Madrid, with all the early murmurs that he wouldn’t be playing for England. By that time he’d already been playing well for months but his form improved even more since that moment, to the point he was clearly one of the best players in the league for our final 5 or 6 games.

4 Likes