Good News Thread

I think we urgently need a positive thread with some good news for a change. There must be still some good news around or not? I hope so. If you have some good news, whatever it is, please share it.

10 Likes

I always remembered my pastor saying something along this line “You know this world, the media is screwed up. One plane crash and it makes the news globally. But everyday, thousands of plane land safely and nobody reports anything. We have gotten so use to digesting bad news and take for granted the great amount of good news that happen everyday”

I think all of us should learn to count the blessings and be thankful for every small thing that we have taken for granted and not just digest the bad news the media put out to us for their sales.

4 Likes

And for that, every morning, I thank God that I am still alive.

2 Likes

I still believe there are good people out there in the world.

7 Likes

There are, billions of them.

7 Likes
3 Likes

This is not a joke! The people fought years for it :upside_down_face:

4 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

That’s so heartwarming. I knew/assumed what’s going to happen, but it was still so, so, moving watching it.

2 Likes

Call me a cold-heart person if you want… :cold_face:
The issue I have with these type of “feel good” videos is that the actions were all staged. As if the compassion is really for show, and make the giver feeling good about themselves.

10 Likes

The force is strong in this one.

You should change your username to cynicalyounggit.

7 Likes

Yeah agree, that’s what I thought too when seeing it. The move is brilliant, but there’s no need to make it public. On the contrary, it would hold much more value if it was strictly between the lad and the old lady, as it would be entirely spontaneous.

It’s actually interesting… we all wouldn’t know a thing about it, but it would hold more value. How about that, eh? Many good things, and possibly the best, are hidden.

4 Likes

Yep, and we all know that she just sold them later anyway. Fancy giving a flower-seller her own flowers :rofl:

Next time you roll up to McDonalds make sure you buy an extra burger and give it to the person working the tills. Tell them to eat it in front of you. Make sure your mate’s recording it on their phone.

1 Like

Probably cynicalmiddleagegit is more fitting. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

These videos give me inspiration to carry on in this world.

Just for fcuking 5 minutes in your life after having a crap day or week at work or going through the trauma of looking after a seriously ill relatives or losing a loved one, your heart strings can be pulled a little and believe that there are good people in the world who do care about others who are going through hard times. Small acts of kindness go a long way, than a puffed out peacock showing its feathers.

4 Likes

Parents would do anything (the good kind) for their children.

6 Likes
4 Likes