Guitars, Guitars and more toys that go with Guitars

Cheers, Yes, I’m aware of them. I’ll have a look.

Just remembered that I need to look at Radioshop pickups. Chris Buck has a signature set from them.

Neck has arrived. It’s unfinished so another job to look into. I have time though, going to have save tokens for some time for pickups. Cost of living BS etc.

Originally owned by Mike Nesmith and The Monkees, this historic signed guitar is a Country Gentleman model made by the famous Gretsch Company between 1958 and 1962. It was used for live and TV work and appeared in the first Monkees TV series.

It was presented to Gary Arnold, Vice President of Best Buy following their sponsorship of The Monkees reunion tour in 1986. The guitar was signed by all four members of The Monkees, Davy Jones, Peter Tork, Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz and was purchased by its current owner from Gary Arnold in May 1998. This guitar is a true piece of music history.

Going at auction at Ascot Racecourse 21st May (tomorrow)
Stands at 11k at the moment… Reckon to fetch 25k.!

1 Like

Fulfilled a long-standing dream, now I gotta practice like mad to be worthy of this axe!

1 Like

As soon I saw your name next to thread’s, I knew it would either be Majesty or Aristides! I’m stoked for you, mate, may it serve you well!

1 Like

Haha thank you mate!! It plays like dream!! I think I’m in love again!

Being able to play probably helps, I hope to know what it feels like one day, haha! Otherwise I’m not getting close to a Les Paul Custom!

1 Like

https://youtu.be/JKh4qBPUXXA

If I ever get around to building a sound studio…
I am going to do one just like this just so I can do the same type of video :0)

2 Likes

They have a Chris Rea type feel to them by my ears.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/vkUpfw4Hf3w

Some good close up images of him playing his guitar…

3 Likes

He is the reason I started playing. Still is. 2 songs in particular- the Loner and Empty Rooms. I naturally followed into his blues stuff and loved it.

His ability is so understated.

I have watched his 1987 concert in Stockholm countless times.

https://youtu.be/MBvDF1KmBPc

8yrs Old… Playing to the crowd in Chester :flushed:

4 Likes

My battered old 1971 Telecaster. Owned it for 30-odd years now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pretty good this guy me thinks…

2 Likes

Wasn’t familiar with that fella, cheers. I also checked out his Fleetwood Mac picking tutorial for Never Going Back Again - a little too advanced for me, but a pleasure to watch it.

1 Like

yea he has some useful video’s

I’ve had a fucking nightmare with my Pedal board. No one ever use this company called dv247.com.

So they are based literally a 5 minute walk from my house and they are shit.

On 30/06/22 I ordered a Pedal board, Patch cables and a chorus pedal. Everything was in stock apart from the patch cables. So for some reason I decided to pay for delivery rather than walk round there and choose different patch cables. They said it will be dispatched from their warehouse and be delivered by 06/08 so I thought OK ill take the hit on £5 p&p.

Come 8th its still not here. Odd I thought - clicked the tracking link only be directed to some courier in Germany where there’s no tracking update since 30/06.

Turns out the warehouse is in Germany not UK - Don’t say that on the site.

But the parcel is lost. Apparently the courier has lost 150 parcels and yes, mine is one of them. Also this company have decided in their wisdom not to include paperwork anymore so every parcel (if not lost) gets stuck in customs.

So on Sat 9th I walk round there and say I see you have everything in stock in here now but mines lost in Germany, heres my invoice and proof of payment so can I take them now and if the parcel ever shows up ill refuse delivery or take delivery and walk it round.

No cant do that. Its a web order.

Its lost I say and you have had £115 of my money.

Well you just have to wait and see if it turns up.

It wont. Its lost and has been since 30/06. Youve just told me they have lost 150 parcels.

So i go home, order from somewhere else and open up a Paypal case for my money.

Utter cunts.

1 Like

update - paypal have got me back my money.

The lost parcel did turn up but I refused delivery.

In other news thinking of buying this.

I sold some vinyl I never listen to and it covers the cost.

This is b-stock as it has some dust trapped under the finish on the back. Still £930 though.

1 Like

I’ve become really reluctant to order anything that requires a courier from Europe now. I ordered ski goggles last year from Italy and they seemed to get stuck somewhere. I was lucky and cancelled the order but it feels as if everything like that has become very clunky.

Even ordering car parts now that obviously come from Europe through a supplier that has the import side nailed takes close to 10 days to arrive now.

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

1 Like

Wait, wait, wait! How did you find this one as B-stock? I don’t think they are made anymore (LTD EC-1000 Deluxe with abalone binding and rosewood fingerboard, made in Korea, right?), it would be quite a coup to find one that is unused. The guitar is outstanding, by the way, my mate has it and won’t ever let it go, he’s had it for about fifteen years and paid about a thousand euros for it (case included).

1 Like