Guitars, Guitars and more toys that go with Guitars

So… ive sold this. :laughing:
Was lovely but I wasn’t playing it as I love my Fender and modded Harley Benton.
The wife said she would buy me a Gibson Les Paul for my 50th (in 2 years) so Ill stick with the 2 ive got.
With the money I got for this and some Xmas money added I decided to upgrade my 30 year old Technics stack system with a modern one so got a new turntable, amp and Cd player from Richer Sounds on 29/12, The 30 year old CD player had stopped reading some CDs. Gutted to see the Graphic Equalizer go but it looked dated when linked to the new stuff.
Ill shove the old system on ebay when they have the next 80% off selling fees.

New

Old

1 Like

my 8yo got his first guitar over Christmas (1/2 size). it’s a beginner model, but we’re going to sign him up for lessons ASAP before he loses interest.

2 Likes

I do love my Yamaha receivers. don’t have the budget for a Marantz.

1 Like

look at the flashy lights…ooooooo

IYKYK

Art Pencil Drawing GIF by Arielgif

Look lovely though!

I was amazed how much CD players are these days.
This little lot cost me £925.00 (cd player was £349!!) but luckliy the guitar funded £650 of it and Xmas money topped it up

Useful in the car though

Bouncing Snoop Dogg GIF by BrownSugarApp

I know a guy who has a system valued at over £10k. He knows a guy with one pushing far far more than that.

Sky is the limit with them and you can hear the difference

1 Like

£10k wow.

Jack Black Yes GIF

That’s what I thought but apparently not according to this colleague of mine.

it’s okay for tweaking sound if you’re really going to go for competition, I was never a big fan of SPL competition though. Have always preferred quality for quantity when it comes to sound and even then it’s to personal preference and/or the ears of the listener.

but this is not the thread for that…

when it comes to sound though…has anyone ever seen a great band completely let down by a shit sound engineer? I’ll start!

Joss Stone at the Commodore Ballroom…I think in 2017?

fuck me sideways… you sure we’re discussing CD players and not a vinyl record player?

I just threw out a Sony CD player with a 24bit DAC that had been in storage for about 20yrs.

1 Like

Speaking of the OP… My son was in awe…that’s just 1/3 of the wall (Fenders)

2 Likes

The turntable was £299. Couldnt beleive it was cheaper rhan the CD player.

so you’re saying that the Marantz was the CD player? damn, that’s gotta be the most expensive CD player i’ve ever heard of. Because Marantz are what I’d call ultra-high-end manufacturer, but all the components of the optics elements are trademarked and made by Phillips… so you’ve been upsold…

Marantz amplifiers (especially the vintage ones) start in the four-figure price range…

Well i was gonna get a Denon CD player for £279 but the guy said Morantz make Denon but dont put in the best parts and save those parts for their own.

Its a lovley machine. Smooth tray action and very quiet.

I guess its like Epiphone and Gibson.

Here are some more they sell.

https://www.richersounds.com/catalog/category/view/id/1745

fucking hell. £6500 for a CD player. not in my lifetime…

I’ve got a Sony 5-tray carousel player in a box somewhere that has a 24bit DAC built into it…must be worth a mint now, I reckon.

1 Like

Hi all guitar gurus

Wonder if you can help - been trying to get the opening riff down of this song.
I can only find 1 tab and it doesnt look right to me. Can the guitar gods amongst us please confirm?

Song…

Now to me the circled bit doesn’t sound quite how the tab has it.
I don’t hear the palm muted 3s but hear a couple more 3-5 power chords
I hear 3/5 3/5 3/5 3/5 4/3 0 3p2p0

Also the guy in the vid doesn’t seem to be playing what’s on the tab which is even more confusing!

This could be me over analysing everything as I tend to do chords wise - i drive my guitar tutor mad with it. But any help is greatly appreciated.

ps song is tuned down half a step.