Harvey ELLIOTT: 2021/22

I would say much of that, whilst crass and stupid is also immature.

Hendo…have a word…

1 Like

Yep.
Way to go with this.

Take Milner along

2 Likes

Mille will have a word with Hendo about having a word with whoever.

:sunglasses::joy:

1 Like

Somebody needs to have a word…

4 Likes

Right, but it’s not really an excuse.

Making a video calling Harry Kane a ‘mong’ is something that can entirely be put down to immaturity, I’m sure most teenage boys have made similar jokes before.

Aggressively calling your girlfriend an idiot, a joke, stupid and a wierdo for following your teammates on Instagram is potentially worrying behaviour that shouldn’t be ignored. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t shown any contrition for it (happy to be proven wrong) so to see him goading United fans about Greenwood and saying that he (Elliot) “treats them right” is not a particularly good look given the context of his previous behaviour.

1 Like

Ouch. I hadn’t seen any of those screenshots. I always liked him giving United fans shite, but he clearly needs to sort himself out first.

1 Like

I am not saying ignore it.
But my original point stands. This is not in the same league as Greenwood. Harvey can learn, grow up.

3 Likes

He needs some social media guidance, no point in making comments about something that’s about to go up in court.

1 Like

Strikes me as the type who, for his own good, shouldn’t be on social media at this point in time.

The confidence and defiant attitude is part of what makes him an exciting talent is also what will get him in trouble on and off the pitch.

We saw a glimpse of it in the confrontation in League Cup final. On the pitch, he’s got the likes of Milner to pull him away. On social media, he’s on his own. He’s also still got a bit of the fan about him. Needs to realise the player comes first now and really do a bit of growing up and focus on his football.

5 Likes

Can you imagine Gazza or George Best being on social media back in the day? Christ.

People will make certain allowances for age, rightly, but not when behaviour is repeated. His agent should step in and have his SM accounts professionally managed and Harvey should spend some time with Ishbel Straker.

Shit. I’d be in her office all the time :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The lad needs a right telling off, that is all. No excuses for this shite.

Hendo and Millie are clearly required, and if it’s not sufficient, let him feel the full force of Klopp’s anger. :rage: :bomb: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :wink:

That should be enough. The lad needs to focus on his football.

2 Likes

You’ve just accused one of our players of being a violent rapist.

One of my concern is that Harvey is a bit of a repeat offender in social media gaffe, even after he had been told off and promised that he has learned and would not do it again.

3 Likes

You can read it like that, but all I’m saying is that it can happen anywhere. Not that Elliott is or will be. Some YNWA or JFT97 stuff will not guarantee me that he’s an absolute angel and will never do something stupid. No place is immune to some stuff like that from time to time. Flanno had his own incident, we shouldn’t care what their name is. Yesterday it was Flanno/Adam Johnson/Greenwood/whoever, tomorrow it might be another player (young or mature) who you’d never think would do something like that. Unfortunately. We just don’t know them that well I’m afraid. And of course there are different levels of incidents. That’s all.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to make the abstract point of any young footballer could well be an immoral rapist, then perhaps.

But you’re coming into the thread of a specific player in response to a specific incident, and now you’re saying there’s no link between the two, is it any surprise why people are jumping on you?

Just admit that you’re wrong and leave it there.

1 Like

I’m not one of those who says “they’re all the same”, they’re not.

But what I’m saying is that we on the outside have so little evidence about their behaviour to judge who is more likely to do it and who is less. Even people close to them don’t know everything, let alone us fans.

I bet Greenwood was portrayed as this golden boy before his shocking act. Shit happens everywhere, I didn’t predict that it will happen with one of our current players, but that it did in the past and it can.

What is there to admit? English is not my first language, but I believe I was clear enough what I wanted to say. Perhaps it was the wrong thread and people are not in the mood for that stuff in a Harvey Elliott thread, that certainly wasn’t my intention. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Right but you can say that about anyone for anything. Humans are capable of terrible behaviour and seemingly good people are just as capable as “bad” people.

When you specifically refer to an individual and say “I wouldn’t be surprised if…” Then you’re crossing the line into making an accusation.

I know you’re not someone who usually dives in with this kind of take but your wording here was well off.

4 Likes

Can I just reiterate that comparisons with Greenwood in this thread are making two assumptions. Equating Elliott as being of a similar mould to Greenwood is the only one that is being countered. The first assumption, however, is that Greenwood has behaved in a certain (illegal) way.

Please bear in mind that Greenwood has not, at this stage, been convicted of anything.

2 Likes