Harvey ELLIOTT: 2022/23

Looks fine to me, plenty of Youngsters have it or do we want them all to have short back and sides like some odd cult.

2 Likes

Who are you calling an old cult :sob:

The comment sounded like those who bang on about kids and national service.

1 Like

Kevin Keegan?

Probably far worse in the 70s and 80s some of this board probably had one :wink:

Iā€™m just jealous tbh :man_bald:t2:

Not me
cameron diaz hair GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Have to sayā€¦ mines like Hendos, thinning at the top a bit.

1 Like

Poor Elliott. Such a talent; but having his progression hindered by injury, handbag, and now, haircut. Stay strong, lad.

2 Likes

Iā€™d take that!

As if Harvey gives a flying fuck what a bunch of middle aged men on the internet think about his hair :laughing:

3 Likes

Gives me a craving for Batchelors Mild Curry Super Noodles, though.

Lets not go too overboard with this kid, Palace he was our best player but that was more down to his desire to win balls backā€¦still yet to see that last bit of quality play on the ballā€¦heā€™s playing it very safe too often and he doesnā€™t look to take risks into striving forward with purpose or posing much of a goal threat.

Not bashing the kid whatsoever, itā€™s just my take on what Iā€™ve seen from him so far.

1 Like

Think thatā€™s a fair assessment. I think with youth heā€™s almost erroring on the side of too cautious and needs to let go a little. Confident he will find the balance. Also needs to use the right foot a bit more. Defenders already showing him to that side.

2 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s something missing for me at the moment. Canā€™t put my finger on what it is exactly.

You kind of want every player to bring something to the table when they play. Canā€™t figure out what Harvey brings at the moment.

1 Like

Haircuts? Handbags?

1 Like

What does the other lot bringā€¦

He seemed at least in the right position.

I thought that was obvious in many cases.

Salah - goals
VvD - defensive rock.
TAA - attacking distribution

etc etc.

Harvey - ??

I dont want to knock the guy and I hope he has a long career at Liverpool but something isnā€™t coming out / showing in his play at the moment.

1 Like

I think we have to stop expecting that players can become world class suddenly. He has shown alot of potential for Klopp to trust him and now he can only develop through playing and learning through in field coaching and it all now depends on how he responds to the pressure of playing regularly in a high level. He will not become world class in a few matches just because of the hype he gets from the fans.

As of now, he is good enough, not great, but hopefully with alot more matches through the season, he will cement himself as a regular for seasons to come.

1 Like

For me, Harvey is showing that he can play that pass in behind that opens up defences as long as he has willing runners and this will improve the more he plays with them and as he matures. I can see him forging great links with darwin and Carvalho, unfortunately, most of his passes were to Milly, who has been making intelligent runs but just doesnā€™t have the pace to produce something special.

1 Like