Harvey ELLIOTT: 2022/23

2 Likes

A worldie from outside the box? :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiuajFWT304

I stand by my pre-season comments, this guy is a fucking ballerā€¦ Obviously the goal stands out but his overall movement, footballing intelligence and all round passing game is elite levels.

3 Likes

Yeah famous last words. :rofl:

Iā€™m hoping he can bring more of that and creative passing into his game. Never going to be a midfield monster but if he can offer the clever stuff that would be fantastic.

Go Harvey

1 Like

He sees the creative pass

He always shows for the ball. Confident. Always involved. Taking risks. These are the signs that young players are going to be world class. Letā€™s show him some patience while he matures and learns

3 Likes

No pressure thenā€¦

He has all the talent to be a really good player. He just seems to be missing some physical traits, just like most young players, to take his game to the next level. Hope he finds the right balance between attainable physical strength and technical skills

2 Likes

Elliotā€™s best attributes are the ability to find space around the opposition box and the ability to see the right pass.

David Silva is the best comparison I can think of, both in terms of style and physical attributes.

When played as an 8, the other 8 is going to have to do more of the unglamorous stuff as Elliot is always going to be at his most effective when given more freedom. It would be pointless to expect Elliot to play Hendersonā€™s role between 18-20, heā€™ll never be that player.

5 Likes

Exactly, these are the qualities I see in Jones, Elliot and Carvalho and that sets them apart from all our past highly rated potentials. They are young but never afraid to get involved and even when they did not play well and the team is shite, they still kept going. That is the mental strength and passion that propels them into first team contention compared to the other youths who came and left. Now itā€™s really up to them to continue their development and make the next step up. But we have to be patient, we cannot be expecting them to become world class over a few matches. Modern football is ruthless when it comes to talents and opportunities but I think with Klopp, they are in good hands and with good time.

Fuck-off Neil Jones, donā€™t jinx him.

1 Like

He was brilliant tonight. I thought that was his most complete performance yet.

6 Likes

He has alot more to learn surely but itā€™s no exaggeration that he is the best player on the night. Wanting every ball, challenging for every ball, kept and distributed the ball well, ran all night. We need to be patient with him. He and Carvalho can really be our next mainstays in a season or two and become a dominant force. Hopefully we can add Jones to that mix too.

He wanted to go forward, too much was going back even risky passes weā€™re going back when a turn would have been safer.

Thatā€™s what stuck out for me tonight from him, also closing down in their half not waiting til our half.

1 Like

He gets stronger as the game goes on, his fitness and desire added to his technique and eye for a pass are exemplary and the best thing I had the same haircut in the 80ā€™s
Music Video Vintage GIF

1 Like

One thing that I see as a flaw in his game is the weight of his passes - I think he always picks the right option but underhits it more often than not. Other than that, I really canā€™t fault his ability, and itā€™s something that can be easily fixed anyway. Heā€™s carrying our dysfunctional, pedestrian midfield this season but itā€™s seeing just how much he cares for the club that really strikes a chord with me. I really hope that Carvalho (and Bajčetić) will follow his lead in that aspect.

3 Likes

Along with Diaz, Harvey was the one carrying the fight when the chips were down and the crowd was quiet. He was everywhere. Heā€™s a different player to Stevie G but reminded me of the confidence and leadership he was showing at that age

4 Likes

The amount of times he shifted in central midfield to wrong foot them and break the lines was brilliant. Honestly canā€™t praise him enough.

2 Likes

Yes, Diaz and Harvey were conspicuous through their levels of effort last night. Not just playing well but fighting for everything. Harvey has come on loads this season. I thought last season he often deferred to his senior team mates and faded out of games as a result but not any more. ā€˜Leadershipā€™ is exactly the right word. He was showing maturity well beyond his age and experience last night as well as a high level of technical ability.

2 Likes

Could this lad be worthy of the number 8 jersey in the future???

1 Like