Harvey ELLIOTT: 2023/24

I moved my reply here in order not to spam the Lavia thread.

No one can tell what the future holds for Elliott but I think he’s a rather good prospect, albeit one that requires a specific system in order to thrive because he’s not the biggest, nor quickest of lads. I can’t help but look at Bernardo Silva when I look at Elliott and what I would like him to become.

Silva is a menace, one of the most complete attacking football players I’ve seen, yet one that shouldn’t have a place in modern football because of his lack of outstanding physical qualities. His tactical adaptability, decision making, aggression and supreme technical ability make him an outlier, though. I’ve spent the last three years hoping that he would leave Man City because there was no way they could replace him (I just don’t see a like-for-like replacement and that was the time when we were still the only threat to Man City).

It’s almost impossible to reach that level for vast majority of attacking players, in my eyes, but I certainly hope that Elliott will model his game on him, regardless of the role he ends up playing. He definitely has the technical ability, the rest can be taught and acquired with time. We are likely placing too much expectations on him because of the clusterfuck that our last season turned into and the number of minutes he shouldn’t have played in a single season at that age at a club of our aspirations.

3 Likes