Surname: Elliott
Squad Number: 19
Position: Midfielder
D.O.B.: 04.04.2003.
Town of Birth: Chertsey
Country of Birth: England
Nationality: English

1 Like

Liverpool star Harvey Elliott breaks foot and faces ‘lengthy layoff’ with injury

Liverpool star Harvey Elliott is facing a long spell on the sidelines with a fractured foot in disastrous news for manager Arne Slot and the player who has a history of devastating injury

3 Likes

Did he drop his man bag on it?

1 Like

What history of devastating injury? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Get with it to be in median you have to be a drama queen and post accordingly

https://x.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1833809110011388108

Aggravated an existing issue? Do these people not check the players before allowing them to train?

2 Likes

He had that pretty gruesome ankle break early in his career.

1 Like

It’s literally the only entry on his injury history on transfermarkt, though

2 Likes

Nyoni might get some bench time and minutes now.

Don’t recall Harvey ever being injured before so this will be something new for him to overcome, and he will…hopefully better and stronger.

Need to start being a bit tougher on these federations, especially the pricks at the FA on allowing our players to leave for international duty.

Edit: Ah yes, remember Striujk at Leeds going through him.

2 Likes

I hate these freaking internationals… :see_no_evil:

The reflex is that Mac could be also be moved forward if we’re comfortable with someone else filling in for him in the deeper role, but Dom has at times been playing in a notably more advanced role that I wonder whether Cody isnt a better for filling in for him.

Player gets hit by a car and breaks their hip

Fans: OMG he is so injury prone.

2 Likes

Fabio Aurelio felt that in his achilles tendon.

1 Like

I think Mac as a key midfielder will definitely be needed in the double pivot area, for the vast majority of time, if not all the time. We have other solutions for the advanced role.

Morton is still around, isn’t he? He’s probably next in line.

I think this one starts with a player who doesn’t refused the call up or maybe didn’t tell them about the issue he had.

To much pressure on the kids today and we all know Harvey is someone who would never say ‘no’ even if he is at 70%.

FUCKING INTERNATIONALS.

Honestly this is one its difficult to get too worked up about. If it didnt go on international duty it would have gone as soon as he got back as there would have been an underlying issue there that wouldnt have been resolved with a couple of days off. It’s shit. It’s dumb that so many players experience what 20 years ago was an unheard of injury. But he’ll be back by the beginning of Oct when the touch stretch starts to kick in. Better it went now that in the middle of that run.

1 Like

And you know this how? :man_shrugging:

By understanding the mechanism of injury.