How to work reply/quotes?

I am finding the reply/quote difficult to understand. I do t see the quote I am replying to, and the quote is not editable (for removing parts of quote)

1 Like

like this
have a nice day

more
https://theanfieldnoise.com/search?q=quote%20category%3A2

5 Likes

FFS, simple. Thanks.

4 Likes

Sorry guys, just testing, I hadn’t tried this before.

2 Likes

@ISMF1 I’ve changed the word count on posts from 20 to 10 characters. I’ve seen a few posters struggling with this. Let’s see how we go with this.

1 Like

Still doesn’t help with “Howling” and “Boudicca”.

1 Like

Maybe just put in a couple of full stops before replying i guess …Howling …Boudicca for example?

2 Likes

Howling…

@Alright_Now would post count would be doubling now.

Testing…

20 characters it is, then?

1 Like

Hijacking my thread back to quoting! (I don’t share well)

How do you quote two posts?

Need to reply and quote on one post, it gets added to the reply box. Reply and quote another and it gets added below the earlier one.

1 Like

(if I do) I usually select text in posts I want to quote from , use the quote option that appears by the selected text and the quote get’s listed in m reply box one after another

Example:

That works if you’re posting from a PC, but I don’t see the speech bubble when I’m posting from my phone.

In the top right side abvove the reply box, you should see 3 horizontal lines, press that and it should then show up

1 Like

Are you replying to me?!

Ta very much.

Yeah, sorry, was switching between phone and pc to work out how the find what needed to be adjusted and forgot to click on the quote.

1 Like

Not sure why I struggled with this. I am normally on top of technical stuff so maybe you lose it with age?