I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Same for me. The season would be even duller as it already is if there wasn’t the derby to look forward to. They are part of Liverpool’s history (although the blue part), and I want only the best for this city.

So I’m rather glad for them to be honest. Feeling sorry for Leeds though (who will be replaced by Luton…), and surprised that Leicester sank without trace like that.

3 Likes

Ssssooooo…yet again next season our squad has to endure trial by gbh whenever a derby game comes around. Great. Freaking marvelous.

1 Like

I’m literally inconsolable. Will be for weeks. I just can’t believe that this nasty, pointless little club have somehow defied natural selection yet again. I’m honestly beginning to doubt Darwin.

2 Likes

I’ve been around to witness every spawny last-day survival these unflushable turds have pulled off and I can safely say this is the first time I’ve not been really arsed about them staying up.
Next season will be no different to the last 2, in fact it will almost certainly be worse given potential transfer bans, points deductions and law suits from the likes of Leeds and Leicester.
Any half decent players they have will be off like a shot although I’m struggling to think who they might be while the rest of the fucking dross hang around like a bad smell pocketing big wages and offering fuck all in return.
They are comedy gold and their rabid fanbase are in for another season of misery and stress. Just sit back and enjoy it.

3 Likes

Trust in the system, Everton will be starting the new season on -15 points.

2 Likes

They should have given Simms more minutes. Looks a little lost at times but he’s got everything you would want physically - tall, strong, fast and a good goalscoring record. If Dyche stays he’s going to turn him into a right horrible bastard.

1 Like

Genius headline writing. I wonder how many are still at Goodison celebrating. All night vigil?

This short film is actually quite good. It does make you feel a bit for their supporters (from the California bleeding heart perspective). Some nice howlers, in it, too.

0.16’: “Seldom has a team spent so much money to become so bad.” (Chelsea a close second, one supposes).

1.45’: “If you’re less than 35 years of age, you can’t remember Everton ever winning anything.” Ouch.

1.55’: Prince Charles and Prince Harry in happier days spending the afternoon at Wembley as Everton lift their last trophy, the 1995 FA Cup.

2.52’: McNulty: “Effectively, under Moshira Everton have spent 500 million pounds to make the club worse than it was, which I think takes an awful lot of doing.”

4.54’: Doe-eyed Merseyside teenaged girl. “I never in my life experienced Everton winning anything.”

6.27’: Dyche: “Stop it goin’ in our net and try to put one in their net. That was the plan.” Understands basic premise of game. Check.

2 Likes

She must have missed experiencing the Moysie years. You don’t need trophies to be a winner.

MEGA?
Make Everton Great Again? :rofl:

3 Likes

Problem is they won’t be able to spend this summer in any meaningful way without kicking up a fuss.

They may face at least a transfer ban but will probably face even worse.

If they do face a points deduction it’s going be tough if it’s 9pts+ you think well that is only 3 games but clubs seem to have trouble when it’s even that level.

The positives are probably Dyche who has been here before if they actually do replace him they are done for. There at a level now they only went up a level due to overspending.

They’ve also got this group who may at least remove the debt but they don’t look like big buyers and are probably more interested on the land around the dock area.

Still I expect the PL to make a bit of an example and there seems a lot of anger with Burnley and Sheffield United both coming back who will have as much of an issue with Everton staying up due to this as those teams heading down.

One positive for us is Klopp’s record against Dyche is rather good, strangely feel that they will move to that new stadium and end up being relegated.

1 Like

To me Dyche just looks so disinterested in the whole football scene…

Will love it.

Points deductions are tough if you are mid-table. 10+ points would have relegated Chelsea. If you are relying on 3 teams being worse than you to stay up, they would essentially be relying on 3 other teams having a points deduction.

4 Likes

If connor coady played how he talked about the game he’d be world class.
Unfortunately for him and everton…hes shit.

5 Likes

What’s the DVD release date?

Coming to a jumble sale near you this summer.

1 Like

Someone needs to get their finger out and get it assembled for the ARP-A
Avoided Relegation Parade - Again :0)

4 Likes

Bloody hell, can’t even fill that pitch :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

If they had gone down the whole stadium would have collapsed under booing.