I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Doesn’t he has better things to do???

Everton have a much higher proportion of their support living on Merseyside. I was discussing this with a Bluenose mate on Saturday. They don’t enjoy the international and out of town support that we do.

Putting petty rivalries aside, it is really important for the city that the Blues stay up and move into that new stadium…we need two successful clubs in the city and Bramley Moor area needs the regeneration.

4 Likes

Tiresome

https://x.com/owenparkes123/status/1726697889932685386?s=20

It is going to be hard not to laugh when their appeal process means they face the same 12 point penalty, but next season - and they will be competing for survival with much tougher promoted teams, several of whom will likely be suing Everton.

1 Like

Haven’t got anything better to discuss then?

“We complied with everything (except the rules)”

1 Like

Horseshit.

I don’t want these horrible bastards to win as much as a corner. They offer nothing other than bitterness, bile and delusion. There’s nothing ‘petty’ about it from their vile fanbase, they are as fucking nasty as the mancs they have sucked up to for years.
They haven’t even got the good grace to accept the support Steve Rotherham and Ian Byrne are offering. It’s being met with abuse and nonsense simply because they are ‘Kopites’.
If the boot was on the other foot they’d be dancing in the fucking street.
The regeneration of BMD means the demise of any number of pubs, bars, cafe’s and shops on County Road. It’s a grim enough area as things stand and will only get worse.

7 Likes

I walked in the police station, dragging the body and handed in the murder weapon. Admitted to everything. I was as open and honest as you could hope for.

They still went and charged me for fucking murder, the bastards! Tell you what, next time I murder someone I’m not going to tell them.

9 Likes

And he’s not the Mayor of Liverpool, he’s a regional Mayor for the Merseyside area. He’s also a Liverpool fan, I suppose he’s got to say the points deduction is ‘disproportionate’ because he wants to be voted in again.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll still put a buffet on for their manc friends in the Brick on Sunday given they’ve declared war on the rest of humanity…

1 Like

The country’s on it’s arse, there’s war in Ukraine and the Middle East and Ian Byrne MP, wants to talk about Everton.

Interesting listen

No.

Everton can be disbanded and Bramley Moore can be used for another club.

Petty you say.

Pettyaf Im Petty GIF by God Ain't Petty, but I am

2 Likes

Eg LFC Women

2 Likes

MPs are supposed to highlight local issues, not just pontificate about global events.

You can disagree with Byrne’s opinion on the matter but criticising him for talking about it is beyond strange.

4 Likes

Aah… The gift

1 Like

I was behind this hearse on Queens Drive this afternoon.

1 Like

Just seems like an odd thing for a government to be concerned with. What’s next, a Commons discussion of shite VAR calls?

1 Like

Only 13 mainly Labour MPs getting behind it so far

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/61551/sanctions-imposed-on-everton-football-club

Motion text

That this House condemns the grossly unjust points deduction imposed on Everton Football Club by a Premier League Commission, a punishment lacking any legal or equitable foundation or justification for the level of sanction; notes that financial-not-sporting penalties for far more severe breaches have been applied, including the industry-and-community-threatening European Super League.

Steroids in baseball

1 Like