I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

“Mounting a strong case”

Aren’t they already appealing against the other.

Glamour? :joy:

They were absolutely stupid with their spending. Everyone knew they were at worst teetering on the edge, and yet they sold someone and then invested the entire amount right back into the squad. No sympathy.

1 Like

They will make sure the next 10 points is deducted next season to ensure safety….

But seriously this FFP just seems murky.

Meanwhile the City show rolls on.

They are just targeting the easy targets Everton and Forest, punish them so that they can say they have been fair when they hit City and Chelsea with a small fine. Would they do anything to 2 of the biggest bankrollers in the league? Not a chance

1 Like

Everton & Forrest both hit with single charges. Cheaty have 115 so there is a significant amount of investigating into their charges hence it taking so long.

Also Everton caught cheating twice whilst working with the Premier League shows how thick their board is. Fuck em i say!

4 Likes

I can imagine Everton’s defence here. If Chelsea can have their debts wiped clean post-Abramhovic in order to facilitate the sale, then surely the PL should cut them some slack to take account of the effect of lost income due to sanctions against Usmanov?

Must we do this every time?

• These breaches relate to one or two charges. City have 115.

• City are deliberately obstructing the process.

• City have a track record of trying to outspend their governing bodies legally, so it has to be watertight.

• Given the size of their opponent in City, it is no bad thing to establish some decent precedents first.

Of course it is going to take longer.

Let’s say it, one more time with feeling. If the Premier League weren’t arsed about City, they wouldn’t have brought the charges in the first place.

8 Likes

In that case they surely wouldn’t have come out with 115 charges. It seems a bit over the top for a token gesture.

4 Likes

Problem with that is it’s suggested he wasn’t involved and that might create even more issues.

And once they are found not guilty the whole thing will have been put to bed forever

The key part here is a number of undeclared payments so raises the question as to if the paid tax and if not you can expect hmrc to start looking into them as well. And if anyone will have the teeth to hurt city it is the taxman. And they also have the power to investigate foreign accounts

2 Likes

Christ, the City Project has really broken us, hasn’t it.

1 Like

No; I’m cynical about everything. You should know that by now.

2 Likes

Season 1 Hug GIF by The Chi

Have you ever tried hugging a snowflake? It doesn’t end well.

Honestly? Yes.

1 Like

I think you are literally the only poster that has a username that perfectly describes themselves in detail

You can swallow them as well. Scientifically proven from the pov of the snowflake, that it’s classed as auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Don’t you bet on it…