I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

But none with Everton’s outstanding recent success.

4 Likes

I suppose they’ll make the sacrifice.

Ofcourse they’ll remain a lender to the club. The club owes them 358m

3 Likes

Yeah, I laughed at that line, which is more or less an admission the club cannot pay it back until another patsy comes along

1 Like

Even selling players like Braithwaite , prickford , DCL etc won’t get Everton the money they need to pay off the loan to 777.

Cue Edwards lining up a cheeky 40m bid for Braithwaite

I don’t think the money is the main issue there, at least as far as Friedkin is concerned. The fact that they don’t know who would have to be repaid in order to discharge any security agreement is the real problem there. 777 Partners probably cannot release a security in exchange for payment while under that legal cloud, and quite possibly Friedkin doesn’t really know if 777 Partners is the actual holder of the debt.

That kind of uncertainty puts any sale of the club dependent on resolution of an entire separate multi-jurisdictional legal matter. That’s a nightmare.

2 Likes

Ridiculous comparison. Spurs won the Audi Cup.

1 Like

Well, yeah, and they have a cheese room to boot.

1 Like

Onana sold for £50M, which is probably a decent piece of business for them - based on how much time he was getting in the crunch games at the end of the season, I don’t think Dyche liked him as much as he did earlier in the season.

The critical question is how much of that 50M gets reinvested, and how much evaporates.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Given the eye-watering sums Everton are in for i feel your “poof” is too big.

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1815140434596786615

7 Likes

This GIF will be forever funny.

3 Likes

I still dont believe him signing for them really happened. I believe it has to be one of those mass delusions like where everyone thought mandela died in the 80s

4 Likes

It’s like when I remember Eto’o played for them. I keep forgetting and have to google to check if it’s a false memory.

Edgar Davids at both Spurs and Palace…another wtf, just not bitters

2 Likes

To be fair. He was blind by that point. And still was Spurs best player

4 Likes

As soon as it ws first picked up, it was considered the GIF that keeps on giving

2 Likes

Ancelotti was also manager at Everton….

1 Like