I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Which just goes to prove, even the greatest can have moments of utter stupidity

3 Likes

That £200M overhang is now the most serious risk to Everton. The fundamental problem is that it cannot be repaid with any certainty until the 777 litigation is removed from the equation. A potential buyer just cannot move forward with this without having a clear path to removing the obligation, and simply paying it to 777 won’t do that now.

The Bordeaux incident is a cautionary tale for how badly things can spin out of control when there is a debt that cannot be resolved - very different set of facts, but three months ago it was unthinkable that Bordeaux would drop right out of the league pyramid.

1 Like

They really did pull the wool over the eyes of that independent panel.

I bet Woodburn enjoyed that…

8 Likes

The Bayeux Tapestry - Serf No.2 :0)

Jake O’Brien

2 Likes

Lost 3-0 to Coventry tonight again a decent side out.

You do wonder if they have to sell without any incomings.

I suspect the crux is that while they aren’t formally restricted, informally no one wants to deal. Players don’t want to go there with the cloud over the club, and critically any deal is 100% cash, up front. No payments at the end of the window, in the next window, all that sort of deal-structuring that clubs do are ruled out because of the credit risk.

4 Likes

They will get in some loan transfers etc this season though.

Should be enough for them to escape Relegatation. Dyche is a good manager with those kinds of budgets.

2 Likes

Sean Dychead is attempting to sign Matip, so new reports are stating…!

3 Likes

Matip at the end of Day 1 training on Dycheball

9 Likes

That will set them off :joy:

I think it would be more like

2 Likes

So, Crystal Palace 45% owner has been granted an exclusivity period to close a deal to take over Everton. In order for him to close the deal, he will have to sell his Palace stake, which he has been trying to do since May.

Somewhat positive for Everton, because he is clearly credible, but that doesn’t sound like something that will be resolved in the near term.

2 Likes

It’s an odd development given he has only been involved with Palace for a couple of years. Im guessing he is simply not satisfied with working with the Harris-Blitzer group (76ers in the NBA, NJ Devils in the NHL) who were there before him and he’s looking for something where he can have more of a controlling interest.

1 Like

Steve Parrish has more or less said exactly that, that the relationship is amicable but he just cannot do things that he is doing at other clubs he has an interest in.

1 Like

Hope he loses interest after finding out more skeletons.

Can’t stand Everton having half decent owners.

2 Likes

:rofl: But should they ever find a fully decent one, I presume you can’t even sit. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Confused about this…
Must mean the games at Bramley Moor Stadium won’t have any home fans :0)

4 Likes

Some gems in GOT forum

The bolded comments are why I can’t stand him. Yes, he’s got 10 years experience of not scoring any goals and mainly losing matches. So what. The lad who managed Brighton against him today had zero experience in the PL and bummed Dyche all the way back to his beloved stone age. I can’t stand him. He’s a moron.

4 Likes

https://x.com/unsusme/status/1824839225025425486?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

4 Likes