I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Getting Trolled by Brighton in their own backyard :joy:

Everton scenes at full-time said it all.

The empty seats at the end told the story of Everton’s opening game of the season. The soundtrack to the final minutes only made it more painful.

In the absence of thousands of Blues, who at 3pm had cheered on their side with such hope, the away end sang: “New ground, in the Championship.”

1 Like

Not cool to but the boot in on a helpless enemy, but in this case however, I’ll allow it.

Actually, ever other case also.

1 Like

lol the bluenoses i know and am seeing online are having a meltdown. You think they’d be used to it by now.

The media narrative is that Dyche is what will keep them up like last season, but the mood is v much Dyche Out among fans.

Maybe they can get Gollum back for a spell. Lest we forget his golden years.

3 Likes

You really have to wonder whom they think would improve their situation, and would be willing to take the job with the situation the club is in?

1 Like

they’ll stay up…

the computer cant combobulate it any other way

the unflushable turd

1 Like

Get fat Frank back in

Plenty will

But they can’t do better than Dyche.

But they are a massive club, so every manager around the world should be banging on the door to take the job!

2 Likes

Normally, I think the Everton job is a lot more appealing than we like to think. But with the utter mess around ownership, any manager is facing unpredictable constraints as well as limited resources. To top it off, there is the strong likelihood of any new ownership that does come in to end the current situation wanting to put their own stamp on the club by bringing in their own choice.

1 Like

Back where they belong :grin:

9 Likes

Pressure getting to the poor bloke.

https://x.com/Evershite/status/1825153332018597981?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1825153332018597981|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

2 Likes

Dyche got a free shot at this. Survive this season and cement himself as an Everton legend.

2 Likes

Presumably he would still have to dispose of his Palace interest for a sale to go ahead?

1 Like

Yes, but he is a relatively new investor there and acquired his stake primarily by diluting rather than replacing the existing owners so they are all still involved on some level. You’d imagine a deal could be made relatively easily with them to restore their stakes if he was sufficiently motivated as it would probably require him to take a bit of a haircut on it.

2 Likes

Yes, the article does say that Textor has rejected one bid of 100 million GBP for his CP shares and that three other investors have expressed an interest in buying his shares “one from the Middle East and another said to be a sports-celebrity-backed group from the US”.

A ‘sports-celebrity-backed group’? What does that look like?

1 Like

He is desperate for a Knighthood -
Won’t get one unless he has business interest/s in the UK

Wasn’t he removed :joy:

Some of the ‘People’s Club’ people supporting their club.
https://x.com/NabilN17er/status/1827820785270227016

3 Likes