I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Doesn’t RedBird own a part of Roma?

So technically that would make Everton a feeder club for us, would it not?

Redbird owns AC Milan. I don’t think they had any investment in Roma.

1 Like

I think FSG had links with Roma’s previous owners (Thomas DiBenedetto, Michael Ruane, Richard D’Amore or James Pallotta?) but I can’t remember in what capacity, had he been an investor in FSG before buying Roma?

1 Like

Appointing Southgate is to be fair an ideal start if they wish to go down.

Though it might encourage Man Utd to make a move :joy:

1 Like

Pallotta is one of the more high profile members of the Celtics ownership group and so he and Henry are chummy through that Boston owners network

1 Like

Di Benedetto is a FSG partner.

3 Likes

RIP Everton.

3 Likes

Understand Moshiri has made a sizable loss ~450m which he isn’t going to get back on this deal.

He has agreed to forgo any payments to the same.

The incoming owners will be making what does seem to be an astute purchase as the club is largely debt free (and with a new stadium to boot)

That’s a sizable legacy for the guy who kept blundering , ending up losing a lot of money etc and at the end did do what was right for the club.

1 Like

Is it debt free? Friedkin provided 200M, which may or may not be turned into equity. The club owes 225M to RMF, and another 200M of what was 777 money is now owed to A-Cap. The new stadium still requires significant work, so further capital there. I expect that the RMF and A-Cap money is going to be patient, Friedkin would not have stepped in without some kind of arrangement in place. But that is 425M plus construction debt to pay off, while also apparently a 450M deal (that may de facto be a 650M equity deal if the 200M debt is flipped to equity.

While it is probably fairly low risk in the PL, that suggests a valuation of 1 billion for Everton. Not sure that holds up in the Championship, in an odd way the pressure at Goodison has just skyrocketed.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1838283317176865269?t=E6Qz5fpY_6UE9SyeM3hzmg&s=19

Not sure of the veracity but lot of the articles claiming the status of Everton being debt free refer to this person.

Do agree that the pressure at Goodison to avoid relegation will be huge.

Whether Everton is debt free or not , the loss if they do head into the championship this year will cripple then when it comes to FFP.

1 Like

If they do end up in the Championship then they won’t be getting this guy as the new manager …

Fenerbahce boss Jose Mourinho is a contender to replace Sean Dyche as Everton manager once Dan Friedkin’s takeover of the club is completed. (Football Insider)

3 Likes

But he can ensure that they end up in the Championship.

1 Like

with mourihno they’ll surely be back winning transfer windows

They’ll also be winning the league(whether EPL or EFL)…in August.

They’ve had Rafa , they’ve had Ancelotti.

Even if Mou joins , it’s still going to be a carwreck.

4 Likes

Koeman
Sliva

The list goes on and they’ve all done better elsewhere….

It’s almost like the problem isn’t the manager.

1 Like