I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Yep, July 13th. My wedding anniversary. I was sat having a romantic meal when we beat TNS 5-0. I’d wanted to go to the game as some of the TNS side were lads who my Son had been team-mates with in his schoolboy footy days.
But yanno, an anniversary must come first. :wedding: :bride_with_veil: :champagne::nerd_face:

9 Likes

Reminds me of my favourite Carragher quote:

6 Likes

Sure Everton got knocked out by Villarreal.

Seem to also remember a certain Pierluigi Collins refereeing them and making a balls up which helped towards their exit

4 Likes

The famous half-Italian, half-Irish ref? :thinking:

13 Likes

The FA/Premier League a bit of a blinder there. They dug their heels in and said that the teams who finished in the top four would be their representatives in the tournament. If UEFA wanted their champions to defend the trophy it was their problem to deal with. Of course they had to relent, and England ended up with five teams in.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it was Villarreal, funny as fuck after all the bleating they still couldn’t make it 5 teams

4 Likes

Leccy Legs a big Blueshite fan…
Any visitors to Liverpool (and youtube), may have seen this guy shake his moves in the pubs and clubs… I suppose finishing tenth does have some merit eh :0)

3 Likes

That is wrong.

We had the Welsh champions offer up their spot to us, so we had to enter at the 1st Qualifying round

1 Like

Hmm, I have corrected that few posts earlier.

Ah, ok - I hadn’t got that far when I replied

2 Likes

I seem to remember Collina quite rightly disallowed a Duncan Ferguson goal in that game.

1 Like

This thread is brilliant :joy::rofl::joy:

19 Likes

That’s a brilliant post :rofl:

4 Likes

Seems like it’s bye-bye Blundellsands and hello Bernabeu.

3 Likes

Koeman mark2

1 Like

Bitters trophyless?
Haven’t they been winning the something “Transfers Cup” for many past seasons?
Also the “Eighthverton Cup” numerous times, plus currently snagging the “Evertenth Cup”?
How about they winning the league in October?
That’s more than LFC’s measly 4 recent trophies.
Oh, they also stole the “Maliciously injuring LFC’s players” Cup.

6 Likes

Swapping Merseyside for Madrid??? Outrageous.

:rofl:

6 Likes

Transfer cup isn’t enough for Ancelotti it seems.

Big Sam is available mind

5 Likes

Move to Madrid to be announced in a few hours apparently.
I thought Ancelotti to Everton was a strange move but Madrid wanting him back is just as strange.

4 Likes

Uh-oh…

8 Likes