Position: Defender
Height: 1.94m
Weight: 95kg
D.O.B.: 25.05.1999.
Town of Birth: Paris
Country of Birth: France
Nationality: French

1 Like

I think he will start against Leeds. Surely Klopp wonā€™t risk VvD so soon after returning from NT duties.

I think Norwich in the League Cup could be the (first) game for some of these guys.

Hasnā€™t featured for us yet, so Villa are planning a Ā£15m swoop.

Courtesy of The Sun.

3 Likes

Clearly not trusted.

Genuinely canā€™t tell if he had a good or poor game today. Moments of both, but itā€™s always gonna be tough to come in and match Matipā€™s form so far this season who has barely put a foot wrong.

1 Like

I thought pretty much the same! Some amazing last ditch defending against Benteke and (I think) Edouard but there were moments where you could clearly tell heā€™s the new guy playing in an unfamiliar, unsettled defence. Iā€™d even say it was more evident when the team was attacking rather than defending - he often seemed to be in the wrong position when his teammates were looking to pass the ball to him and spread the ball around.

Still, heā€™s as responsible for this clean sheet as Alisson, so itā€™s a nice start to his career. That said, whenever possible, Iā€™d like Klopp to stick with Van Dijk and Matip for the time being. They are not without their faults this season but they are familiar with the system and teammates, Konate will take time to learn and adapt.

1 Like

Heā€˜s only 22 years old.
It was his first PL match. I think he will adapt quickly. Me thinks he will be an outstanding CB in the English topflight.

2 Likes

I think they are probably the best footballing CB pairing in the league as well. Konate has big shoes to fill, but there things about his performance today I liked in what little I saw him have to do.

Probably, yes, but Iā€™m taking injury issues into account. Van Dijk looks rusty to me at times, honestly, and if Klopp decides to rest him against Milan, then he probably thinks that Van Dijk isnā€™t at his full operational power just yet. Itā€™s great to have lads like Gomez and Konate filling in for them, though, but I think that Konate will need a bit more time to settle in, just like Robertson or Fabinho, for example.

It was a tough debut for the kid and I think he has what it takes to be a monster. :clap:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Absolutely adore this boy. He obviously is still raw in areas but weā€™ve always known that. He has so much room to grow and so much potential. Iā€™m mildly surprised by some of the critique Iā€™ve read today on the socials.

Itā€™s not a contest by any means, but Upamecanoā€™s BL debut for Bayern a few weeks back was just short of a disaster. He was terrible.

8 Likes

Agree - looked a little shaky defensively, especially early, but as the game went on became more assured.

Has the size and athleticism to become an absolute beast, and has excellent ball skills and range of passing already.

4 Likes

Praise from Millie:

8 Likes

Well, that settles it, doesnā€™t it?

3 Likes

Hopefully got him on the ribena

Seems such a down to earth lad.

3 Likes

Totally justified the trust Klopp showed in him today. First to every attack and excellent game reading. Not an easy game to put into without you having a run of games, but he was superb!

Edit.
Ibrahima KonatƩ vs. Man United

92% Pass accuracy
2/4 Accurate long passes
4/5 Duels won
8 Clearances

8 Likes
2 Likes