Ibrahima KONATE: 2021/22

I guess he is meaning we blew them away :thinking:

Or he has bad breath?

Hopefully he doesn’t model his game on Sakho.

:joy:

1 Like

Adding Zlatan to Ronaldo in his pocket.

He’s a proper good footballer. Unit as well.

6 Likes

Maybe we should nickname his pocket The Retirement Home

3 Likes

Class last night to be fair.

Klopp and the coaching staff are doing a hell of a job, that’s not saying that he doesn’t have undoubted talent. The way he is progressing he and VVD will be the rocks of our backline.

2 Likes

Both CBs were really good last night but Konate was my MOM. His best performance so far. In other games he’s sometimes been slow to anticipate danger but he was on the front foot the whole time in this one. Early days but he has all the raw materials to become a top class CB.

4 Likes

It seemed that both Ibou and Bat gad a great understanding and for me it was our best performance from a CB pair this season.

It’s all relative though, the opposition were about as poor as anyone we’ve played this season including Preston.

Still, it was impressive stuff from Konate, he took charge of every situation. Easily his best showing for us.

1 Like

Agree in regards to the opposition, but there were very few mistakes in positioning and the only times they got through was from good play and movement, whereas our CB’s positioning a couple of times has been a bit off in most games.

What I will say the whole defensive shape and cutting off passing angles was excellent especially that we made 8 changes.

1 Like

Good that he can also do a job at LCB (Matip never played it for us, par example), though we’d rather have anyone there when you partner him with Nat Phillips.

Another good game, well done lad.

2 Likes

So-so. Didn’t defend Maximin well enough, nowhere near him. Also went with his wrong foot in a risky challenge in our box.

Getting tight to Saint-Maximin is a sure fire way to get skinned over and over again. Apart from maybe one situation Konate dealt with their counter attacking threat with ease.

4 Likes

Not too tight, but not too far like he was.

Not sure Saint-Maximin successfully did much at all. Konate marshalled and shepherded him really well. No mean feat, he’s a real good attacker I don’t think gets to show all he’s capable of in that side.

1 Like

The idea with players like Saint-Maximin is to bide time to allow others to help out. He’s far too good a dribbler to go and challenge on your own.

Konate handled him just fine.

3 Likes

Off topic, but I like this player.

1 Like