Ibrahima KONATE: 2022/23

Any day.

Are there any french stars who are likely to make the cut that Konate can tap up. Who is the CM that @RedOverTheWater likes? Kone or Kamara?

Kone is the one Iā€™ve talked about. Monchengladbach. Arguably might be gettable in January.

He is not at the level of Bellingham or Tchouameni but is young, covers a lot of ground, is good in the tackle, and is basically an athlete who has the legs we are seriously missing in our midfield.

He will get better and a lot more expensive, and now is the time to pounce.

He wonā€™t play much if he goes in my view but could potentially be one of the longer stays.

Anyhow he broke up about three attacks last night just inside our half instead of backing off to give them a chance closer to the area.

On one he didnā€™t quite get the ball but allowed for I think Thiago to step in and take the ball away. He is certainly vital for the way we defend, he also makes VVD look more like his normal self.

1 Like

Yeah remember that - another impressive bit of play from him.

1 Like

The big man is well on his way to becoming the best centre half in the league. Was outstanding today.

2 Likes

Yup certainly someone who gives you confidence you can see these things out.

1 Like

Donā€™t want to jinx him, but one day he is going to be even better than VVD

I Hope Please GIF

1 Like

Was good today but far from what weā€™ve been expected from Matip.

His touch reminds me a bit of Sakho. Kind of unclean.

But yes - physically heā€™s a beast.

Good game, possibly could have done better for the goal but heā€™s a man mountain and loves the physical side also.

I said it in the post match. He was better than VVD today , and for me (considering Virgilā€™s drop off in form) heā€™s already there.

Just out of interest does anyone know how Upemacano , supposedly our original target and rated above Ibou , is getting on at Bayern ?

We really need to find another centre back whoā€™s similar to him in terms of how he deals with physical threats and how he picks his passes in the build-up. Heā€™s not without mistakes - sometimes heā€™s too eager to come forward from his position to deal with a threat and if he doesnā€™t time his header or tackle, he can get himself exposed but those moments are getting fewer and farther in between, thankfully. For better or worse, at the moment, we simply canā€™t defend without him, just like we canā€™t attack without Nunez.

1 Like

Donā€™t think he couldvā€™e done much more for the goal, itā€™s just a great finish from a lethal striker.

Might not have the recovery pace Gomez has but heā€™s far more commanding, doesnā€™t get caught diddy daddling and much better on the ball.

Hopefully he can stay fit (until at least Matip is back at least)

I saw him save our bacon a few times today.

Ibrahima KonatƩ vs Tottenham Hostpur:

87 touches
8 clearances
2 interceptions
3/3 tackles won (100%)
11 recoveries
4/5 ground duels won
7/8 aerial duels wonā€¦
:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Broke another couple of moves up same as Napoli, type Iā€™ve seen us give up in recent weeks

Very good player, who continues to grow here. Hopefully he puts the niggly injuries behind him and becomes a mainstay in the side.

I wasnā€™t happy with Kane ploughing into Konate a few times today. Physically outmatched, so he decided to kick him and fall into him. Itā€™s dangerous, the wanker.

5 Likes

Couldā€™ve done a bit better at their goal, but other than that it was all fine.

We should have spoofed him ā€˜Droolerā€™ was an international teammate of his before last Sundayā€™s game then

Like I thought he might be, heā€™s in the French squad for the WC.

1 Like