Ibrahima KONATE: 2022/23

Deserved call up.

He’ll be up against Varane, Kimpebe, Upameco, Saliba, and Kounde.

1 Like

Final or provisional squad?

Final.

Due to France’s extended run in the World Cup, Ibrahima Konate will definitely miss Liverpool’s Carabao Cup tie with Manchester City, and will be a doubt for the trip to Aston Villa on Boxing Day. #lfc [liverpool echo]

Tricky game at Villa with Emery having all these free non-footballing weeks to forge his side to compete against LFC -

Bummer, he is my favourite CB …

Fantastic defensive performance today from Ibou, he was excellent in his duels, positioning and a big congratz on getting to the final

2 Likes

Very happy for him despite not playing every game, done very well in the 2 he has started and perhaps played his way into starting the final.

Hope he can go 1 step further and bring the winners medal back to his home at least.

Anyone notice, was he wearing LFC shorts under his France shorts last night? :thinking:

Think you’ve got him confused with Mbappe there Mark.

Ibou Konate vs Morocco

• 44/48 (92%) passes (2nd for :fr:)
• 1 chance created
• 65 touches (1st for :fr:)
• 1/1 aerial duel
• 2/2 tackles
• 5 clearances (1st)
• 5 interceptions (1st)
• Not dribbled past
• Clean sheet.
:clap::clap:

5 Likes

Ibou was immense. I have to keep reminding myself how young he is, because he has the physical traits to be a legend here…as long as he can improve his injury record.

2 Likes

1 Like

Looking forward to him having a run of games, fit, rested and ready to go again.

I didn’t think he would start the final in Paris, but if he continues like he showed recently both for Liverpool and France (not every game though), he will be closer to potentially steal Matip’s place.

I think he is already considered first choice to partner Van Dijk.

1 Like

On paper, when they’re all fit and in normal form, Matip still has the advantage I believe. That was how it still was last season, Paris aside. But Konate is getting there and could soon win that place.

Matip’s progression with the ball is a massive plus and for me is why he is in front of Ibou atm

1 Like

I love it when Matip is on a mad one, surging up the pitch. It is a sight to behold.

Personally I would have Konate ahead of him, just, but there are no complaints either way whoever gets the nod.

The clear fourth choice at the moment is Joe Gomez. Everyone makes errors but he has made a few too many. I think he needs to play more regularly to find his rhythm and form. Whether or not he will get the games he probably needs is debatable, but I haven’t given up on him. He is a good player.

Oh, and currently I would have Gomez as the clear second choice right back. He has the pace to get up and down the flank and puts a decent ball in too. He is ahead of Milner there now, but you would think in time Ramsay will grow into the role.

1 Like

Keep Calm And Carry On GIF
He’s back

Ibrahima Konate is facing upto three weeks out with a hamstring injury. The Liverpool centre back will miss games against Wolverhampton Wanderers, Everton, Newcastle United and potentially Real Madrid in the Champions League.