Ibrahima KONATE: 2022/23

I’m wondering if this is necessarily the case, I didn’t think we’d recall Williams if we didn’t already have a plan to loan him out elsewhere, or stick him in as a replacement here…

1 Like

Galatasaray signed a 28-year old CB from Sassuolo on loan with “obligations to buy under certain conditions” yesterday.

Could mean the Phillips deal is off.

To be honest I couldn’t see why recalled Rhys Williams? was he playing?

Think he didn’t play much, Blackpool hired Mick McCarthy + maybe we planned to keep him as 5th choice in reserve, while letting Phillips go (in hope of getting a fee for him either now or in the summer). Now, both might remain.

2 Likes

With Virgil and Konate out we should keep Phillips.

Oh I agree

1 Like

We all knew it but when you see it in a graphic … :scream_cat:

1 Like

Has someone got Traore’s no ? Give him a tinkle

1 Like

Probably also explains why Mo has dropped off a cliff if you throw in the international football.

Robbo has been looking better but he actually had a break.

When your goalkeepers miss that much football, the alarm bells should start ringing. I miss the days when the least functional thing about our club was… Wait, I can’t really think of one. Now, everything seems off, including the medical department. There is a saying in my homeland that is literally translated as “whoever cursed us didn’t waste any time” (doing it). We need to get Grobelaar to piss on everything Liverpool-related, including these boards.

So Konaté is out for say, four weeks? I can vividly figure Kloppo right now:

Jurgen Klopp GIFs | Tenor

And that’s me:

Despair GIFs | Tenor

What is it with this season, ffs? We’ll have to keep Phillips and recall Rhys Williams!

We already have, actually. I think it was last week?

Allright then, we are setting ourselves up for a run into the top four! :+1:

The solution was right there this whole time.…!

1 Like

The quantity of injuries suggests something is rotten, system wise. This feels like more than bad luck. We are doing something, or not doing something, and our players are falling apart more than most because of it.

The odd thing for me is there is a wide base of knowledge that has been built up around elite sports over the years. How you manage top athletes, when they train, what they do, how intensely they work, how they recover, and all the rest of it.

Have we not managed to learn some of that stuff over the years?

I think Konate being injured could be a silver lining. Klopp may be forced into playing a deeper line to accommodate Phillips or Williams. In turn, we may concede fewer goals and nick more points along the way.

Of course, if our bad luck continues at this rate, we might be forced into playing the likes of Fabinho at CB…

I think people calling for this quite clearly do not remember how long it took us to be able to adapt to that in 2020-21.

1 Like

Just a shout out that with him in the side, we are way more assured in defense than without him. True beast both in the air and covering the passes/ runs.

2 Likes

He should be the next in line for contract extension but I hope his fitness is carefully managed. I wish we could get another centre back of his quality.

3 Likes

We’re gonna need to. VVD isn’t going to last for years and years

1 Like