Ibrahima KONATE: 2023/24

POS Havertz

https://x.com/LfcShaunjudge/status/1754476684105904542?s=20

:man_facepalming:

Well if Klopp said he has a good chance for United, it’s no problem that France initially counts on him. They can easily change a player in coming days or when France sees him if it turns out different.

1 Like

Bit annoyed he has gone for some friendlies frankly after missing the Man Utd game.

1 Like

I couldn’t be bothered to rewind the match, so can someone tell me the name of Sheffield’s player who put in that sort of tackle on Konate? I swear he was deliberately looking to injure him, when I saw Konate go down, I immediately thought it would be the end of his season, especially looking at it in slow motion. If I remember correctly, the referee didn’t give that player a yellow, I don’t think that he even stopped the play at the moment it happened.

It was William Orsula. The official line is that he slipped, so it was not an intentional foul.

Unofficially, of course, it’s yet another example of opposition players being given carte blanche to assault our players at will. You can absolutely guarantee that that same challenge would have been given as a foul, and probably at least a yellow card, had it been on a Manchester City player.

2 Likes

Yeah, whenever I slip, I tend to place the knee of the nearest person into that scissor-lock (or whatever it is called) with both of my legs, and take them down with me. Konate was extremely, extremely lucky there, thank God he didn’t get hurt.

2 Likes

I do think it was a weird half-slip, half challenge for the ball and not an intentional tackle.

Of course it doesn’t have to be intentional to be a foul or even a card. The fact the referee thought nothing of it and that the game restarted while Liverpool had 10 players - which led to a dangerous attack by Sheff Utd - was clearly an injustice.

1 Like

As we were condescendingly told over and again after Jones’ red card, the player is always responsible for their body even when it causes impacts they did not intend. Just not when Caicdo “slips” and puts Grav out for several weeks, or when…whatever the fuck this was.

It did make me laugh though that the ref decided the thing he needed to motion on was the lack of penalty, rather than the move that left our defender on the floor that wouldnt have looked out of place in a Jackie Chan film

1 Like

I thought ot was very similar to Pickfords challenge that injured Virg but without the forward momemtum

https://twitter.com/TomL1ttle_/status/1776952805921526133

And not even a freekick

Is he fine?

Was surprised he didn’t start yesterday, but if he was on the bench…

I assume it might be like Endo.

Klopp kept him out of Sheffield though he could have played at a risk. Klopp doesn’t have the options for defence that he has for midfield so he probably could have played.

I assume it was the pace element on the right and to be fair first half they didn’t have a shot.