Squad Number: 5
Position: Defender
Height: 1.94m
Weight: 95kg
D.O.B.: 25.05.1999.
Town of Birth: Paris
Country of Birth: France
Nationality: French

Will overtake Virgil (if he hasnā€™t already) and be widely recognised as one of the best centre halves in the league this season.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IbrahimaKonate_/status/1702359894408532399

Editā€¦

I had to google itā€¦:joy:
The Kamehameha (恋悁ćÆ悁 ę³¢ ćÆ , Kamehameha) is the first energy attack shown in the Dragon Ball series. The Kamehameha is the most widely used finishing attack in the Dragon Ball series, and is Gokuā€™s signature technique. It is also a signature attack of the students of the Turtle School.

Hopefully Konate doesnā€™t get injured by trying :turtle:"Turtle Destruction Wave".

1 Like

heā€™ll be banned 3 years for racism

https://twitter.com/KM_243_/status/1707464604916371824

Didnā€™t cover himself in glory today. Lucky to stay on the pitch. Hasnā€™t been great this season and Iā€™d prefer Matip as Virgilā€™s partner for the time being.

Hopefully Konate will recapture his form playing in the cups

1 Like

Right now, Iā€™m just happy that he seems to be fully fit but it hasnā€™t been his season so far. Looks like he switches off too often this season, which I frankly didnā€™t notice before from him. Lucky to stay on the pitch today, lucky that we didnā€™t concede early in the game from his sloppy back pass (if it was a pass in the first place). He needs to be calmer and more self-assured like he used to be.

All the attention will no doubt be diverted on whether he shouldā€™ve seen a 2nd yellow or not but there were some good pieces of defending from him too, did well to get back in position to header away a dangerous cross which DCL wouldā€™ve had a free header at if he hadnā€™t.

Generally felt we defended well, VVD concerned me the most.

Iā€˜m sure Iā€™ve said this before but he gives me Sakho vibes.

Shaky and some strange decisions at times.

His physical attributes stand out but that will never be enough for me.

1 Like

No Way Reaction GIF

1 Like

Won 14/14 in the air last night, but also so many shaky momentsā€¦

Hope he finds his rhythm now. We absolutely need him right now to show that he can be our 2nd best (starting overall) CB for a longer period.

As a side note, Iā€™ll be curious to see Quansah for the first time he plays as RCB, paired with Virgil. Thatā€™s bound to happen soon.

1 Like

Heā€™s obviously a really good player, but from what weā€™ve seen he might have that Gomez tendency of needing a few games to find his feel. I think heā€™ll be better against Palace.

Looks like some days off.

Not skiing I hope

1 Like

Ibou skiing, donā€™t even want to imagine how that looks like.

Wonder if they have allowed the first teamers to chill.

https://twitter.com/1947production/status/1744075099139912085

2 Likes

Northcroft:

ā€œIbrahima KonatĆ© told me about facing a choice between Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid and having his mind made up by a video call with Klopp. ā€œI watched nothing else but his eyes. And I saw sincerity,ā€ KonatĆ© said.ā€

3 Likes

That I do think is going be the biggest loss.

Being able to use him as an ambassador for us would be helpful

1 Like