ICC 2024 Cricket World T20

But they won.

India please beat Australia. Thanks.

2 Likes

I won’t get greedy and squirm over T20 World Cup.

Ashes most important, then the test world championship and throw in the one day World Cup for good measure.

I will quickly check who holds all these trophies….

1 Like

Yeah, I know. It’s a circus, but any time the Aussies are brought down to earth is a good thing, even in a Mickey Mouse competition :wink:

Not getting a great deal of exposure here compared to the past cricket events and most of my cricket loving drinking buddies are blasé. Matches only shown on the Prime streaming service and not main TV or Foxtel/Kayo doesn’t help. Maybe that changes v India or England.

I’m never entirely sure whether I prefer seeing Ausie lose or United.

1 Like

Afghanistan beat Bangladesh and the India/Australia game is washed out would be the dream scenario after what we had to listen to earlier in the tournament.

1 Like

India did keep a sizable score.

Aussies should be getting there though.

Yes, half way stage Australia favourites. Pandya bowling some absolute pies, if anything Rohit should have returned to Axar or Jadeja earlier.

Hmm, a bit needless from Maxwell. Could feasibly have seen Kuldeep off who has clearly been the main threat.

It’s lucky that the Aussies don’t mind losing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fancy Bangladesh to beat Afghanistan though.

It would be in Bangladesh’s best interest to lose and knock Australia out of the competition :wink:

1 Like

Hearty congratulations to @Alright_Now_Legend

Pass the korma.

Loved this line from the guardian report:

“The result means the undefeated India qualify for the semi-finals and will face England, while Australia’s hopes of being world champions in all formats are in grave danger.”

1 Like

IMG-20240625-WA0017

@Iftikhar

2 Likes

Ooff. I had the dodgy touchcric stream on for a quarter of a second to see the bails flying. I think I’ll give this a miss and just watch Australia if they miraculously progress in the CoinToss Cup.

Peak drama in this game, Litton Das seemingly determined to become a cricketing villain.

Safe travels home Australia. :wave:

1 Like

Nevermind the narrative around the Aussies, what an achievement by Afghanistan. :clap: :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

Trott telling the team to slow things down and then Naib immediately going down with a hamstring injury as if he’d been shot was absolutely hilarious, peak shithousery, then to top it off he comes back on to take a wicket.

Shaping up nicely for a England vs SA finals

2 Likes