In-match: AC Milan v Liverpool, Tue 17th September, 20:00

As no one is biting the bullet, I’ll take one for the team and open the thread for the Milan match.

This is the first game against 8 different European opponents to determine our position in the 36 league team super league. Did I say “super league”? No, it’s clearly something different.

Anyway, this is Arne Slot’s first European game for us and it will be interesting to see what team he puts out. Will he stick with the players that struggled against Forest or rotate to suit an Italian opponent?

Milan won 4:0 at the weekend against bottom of the table Venezia but have so far had a pretty miserable 5 points from their opening 4 games.

Slot’s press conference is at 6:30pm this evening:

6 Likes

Too late! I’ve already started one.

I don’t mind which one stays… maybe the mods can merge? :thinking:

3 Likes

Bollocks. I can’t delete it either. I’ve flagged it. I’ll leave it to the mods.

2 Likes

If we turn up, we’ll twat them.

If we don’t, we’ll lose.

We may also draw.

The end.

13 Likes

Short Intro - Check
Time Zone mention - Fail

You get a 7

7 Likes

:grinning:

3 Likes

I’m sure that Arne and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Just like waiting ages for a bus… then hey ho, two arrive at once :0)

7 Likes

You wait an eternity for a pre-match thread and two come along at once…

2 Likes

Chiesa to start.

Doubt it, surely he would have been on the subs bench against Forest if he was ready to start games?

1 Like

Just to point out it’s 8 games not 10…

2 Likes

Fixed. I’m not sure where I got the 10 games idea from.

1 Like

Have the feeling we won’t win this one too but personally I don’t really expect us to finish in the Top8 anyway.

The league stage doesn’t give me CL feeling at all.

2 Likes

Probably because most of us having the playoff already.

I’d say a win here and we may make the top 8 but it does feeling you don’t have a breathing space.

How that impacts teams will be interesting.

2 Likes

Alisson

Bradley Quansah Virgil Kostas

Endo Grav

Szobo

Salah Nunez Gakpo

Would be nice if Chiesa could start, but a cameo off the bench seems the more likely scenario.

Gonna be a rough night down our right side whoever we play as Theo/Leao are a relentless pair to stop so hopefully we have something planned to nullify them as best we can.

1 Like

I haven’t posted in a match thread in ages but I wanted to give just a quick reminder that Milan will have a Partizan youth (and a lad who’s one big, giant heart) product starting for them. :eyes:

3 Likes

Wake up call recieved against Forest.

There’s going to be one unlucky side who’s going to get a real pasting in the coming games.

3 Likes

Chiesa has travelled.

Don’t think anyone is missing…. Curtis Jones is fit.

5 Likes

No Nyoni no party :rage: