In-match: AC Milan v Liverpool, Tue 17th September, 20:00

Latest from Perugia.

Still raining.

In a bar with 3 other people.

Who cares. We are boss!

3 Likes

Half time report:

I appreciated the tribute from Slot to tip his hat at last season, and concede the first goal :joy: It wasn’t great, Tsimikas missed header way up the pitch, Van Dijk stepped up too, but with the ball beyond them it all opened up, as a rapid Pulisic came right at us and unleashed a good shot into the far corner. Ugh.

After the first few minutes we grew in authority. Salah hit the bar twice and was very unlucky. Jota missed a good chance. Other chances too, but our two central defenders came up trumps and nodded in from crosses. Love to see it.

Ideally we would have had another goal to give a two goal cushion, as our play deserved it. So as it stands it is touch and go with only a goal in it, and hopefully we score again and go on to win it comfortably.

Subs?
I’d like to see Nunez come on for Jota. I like Jota, but he has been a bit off since the first game, and Nunez could give us a lot of upside if he finds his feet under Slot.

I’d also like to see Chiesa come on for Szobo. He can play across the three, but is a winger first and foremost. Still, I think Szobo is slightly off it, and I want to see what Chiesa can do.

Second half coming up. Start fast, score the next goal, and we should be fine.

3 Likes

Like you, I prefer a refined society.

1 Like

And yet we’re both here. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I thought we were really lackadaisical again at the beginning. All missed passes and no-one seemingly knowing what their teammates were doing.

I thought we looked far sharper in the 5 minutes leading to the equaliser: players attacking the ball and intelligent passes.

It sort of reminded me of last season. I seems to take them 20 minutes to realise that they are top professionals and, when they put their minds to it, they are actually quite good at this thing.

3 Likes

That miss from Jota… It was bordering on match fixing.

Even Nunez will be asking him how he missed the target.

1 Like

Much better finish to that half, even without the go-ahead goal. Milan have looked weak this season when forced to really play to create opportunities, and not that defensively robust. Keeping Leao and Pulisic under wraps is about all it takes.

2 Likes

I must not get the humour or im just getting old, but i just dont get Micah’s humour and how loud he is. Being loud does not make you funny ras…

2 Likes

It theoretically it makes you care about matches you might not have as everyone is now someone we’re competing with.

The novel structure means I’m not sure what to think though. Stuttgart are drawing at half time against Real and largely outplaying them. Is that interesting to us because maybe Real are dropping points and improving our chance of finishing top 4? Is it interesting because Stuttgart taking points no one expected of them clogs up the middle of the table making it more difficult to qualify for the second round for the teams in midtable? I dont know.

I am probably lying to myself though and likely wont care about any games other than ours until the final round

2 Likes

What channel are you watching?

paramount

His comedy mantra is “be loud. Doesnt matter what you’re doing, do it loudly.”

Carra singing “return of the Mac” with Micah laughing hysterically over him" made me want to kill myself.

1 Like

Frank putting everyone to sleep on Amazon

Carra has been saving that “mac” line for a minute…

damn… you got fat frank

Later in the game Virg stepped out again to challenge Morata, but Morata did well and played the ball around the corner, to their wide right player, who tried to play the ball into our left channel, but great play from Gravy as he had stepped back to cover Virg’s normal position :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

we need to be careful about overcommitting…Stay back and behind leo at all times

Lovely Grav

Winning ball back with those daddy long legs of his and playing a forward pass, simple but effective.

@cynicaloldgit is old but you get his humor, right? Right? Right?

best humour on the TAN by far and its not even close

1 Like