In-match: AC Milan v Liverpool, Tue 17th September, 20:00

Watched Milan’s game versus Venezia last night. Somewhat unfortunate timing, AC Milan finally got their season started with an easy 4-0 win over Venezia. Venezia is a promoted side trying to play the style that got them promoted, and they just don’t have the horses in the barn. It was 4-0 30 minutes in, which meant Milan was able to rotate off the starters in the 2nd half (though not until about '65). The good news is that because of their rough start, they started a strong side - of today’s likely starters, only Morata and perhaps Jovic or Tomori did not start.

Other consideration is that Milan has Inter on the weekend in a match that gets coaches fired.

2 Likes

They could do with a bigger screen!

Enjoy the game, love going to pubs/bars and watching matches where you’re the minority fan - usually a good laugh.

1 Like

Sorry but someone needs to go all COG: it’s many

3 Likes

Just be careful not to say his name twice more or you’ll summon him to haunt the forum. :wink:

2 Likes

the shame

2 Likes

Back on topic, this is quite an important 3 points for our CL hopes this season. 6 points from Bologna and Milan would mean we could approach our three toughest games more relaxed, knowing we could back ourselves to finish strongly against Girona, Lille and PSV as required.

How many points do we predict are needed to finish in top 8? I reckon 15+

Yeah 5 wins against Meelan, Bologna, Girona, Lille and PSV. Bonus points from Real, Leipzig and Leverkusen push us up towards an ‘easier’ seeded draw

1 Like

Someone suggested 14-15 elsewhere.

2 points per game on average should be fine.

If we can finish on 15-17 with these fixtures, that’d be awesome.

2 Likes

Will take at least 17 points to finish Top8 IMO.

Everton and Man Utd?

1 Like

As a scoreline? That’s a bold prediction, but would be an amazing game.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Cynnie prefers a dour 0-0.

Nope. An efficient 2-0.

1 Like

0 - 2 would be better…

I think to finish in the top 8, we have to be better than at least the 9th place team. That’s my opinion.

4 Likes

Controversial as ever.

Get to the knockout regardless we will have a chance. I know it’s more games but it’s half a run in another cup.