Interesting Finds on the Net

Some feat that. Many years ago when I first joined the TA after leaving the RMR I was quite fit and running a lot. A lad in the unit I joined was an ultra runner. We’d go running/training together and I could easily keep up with the pace he ran at. He
explained though that he could carry on running at that pace for 24 or 30 hours at a time. I asked him how many marathons he’d run. It was a surprisingly low number. He only ran a marathon if he needed a qualifying time to enter an ultra event.
Getting back to the lad in the article, how cool would it be to be the first person to be recognised as doing something?

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

speaking of which. I think I posted this earlier, but one of my friends was able to do 5days with one of his Team Canada ultra running mates for an attempt of the fastest trans-Canada crossing on foot. 67 1/2 days to run 7159km. averaged over 100km/day. Story here:

1 Like

Wow, over 2 months of constant running. My knees would be shot after a day. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Forget the knees; I’d be shot after a day. They’d put me out of my misery.

1 Like

I wouldn’t wait for anyone, simply shoot myself.

1 Like

Pokémon are real!

Guys a genius. Aaaaaand, people are fuckwits although I do kinda get it.

2 Likes

Research on Metastatic breast cancer (MBC):

The research scientists suspect that the circulating tumor cells (CTCs) respond to the cycle of hormones released each day in relation to our sleeping and waking patterns.

2 Likes

He should have done the Everton remix: Never Gonna Be Two Up.

1 Like

One of my favourite twitter threads in part because of the number of people who clearly dont get the joke

This is my favourite one :rofl:

3 Likes

Thought Seal was living in Australia nowadays …

1 Like
1 Like

I remember many moons ago going to a water park in Spain. It had a massive death slide thingy. One that is near vertical at the top etc.

Anyway we were up there waiting in line and the park staff member at the top was holding back a largish bloke for what seemed like an eternity. We couldn’t figure out why.

Anyway after quite some time she unleashed this guy. He went rocketing down this thing, hit the bottom where it levelled a out and kept going, and going and going. He left the end of the slide at Mach 2 cleared the footpath and service road at the bottom, hit the grass bank and rolled up it a distance. His missus sat on the grass bank was rolling in laughter. He wasn’t.

They closed that slide after. Clearly not enough water in the bottom to slow people down.

Sounds like the time Chris Hemsworth snuck his daughter onto Tower of Terror ride.

And yes, snickers in your shoes to beat height restrictions in Australian theme parks is standard.

4 Likes

:cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes