Interesting Finds on the Net

I read a book written by an ex Ghurka officer who recounted the time that his troop were conducting jungle training somewhere. They were awoken in the night by screams. A large snake had swallowed the arm of one of the Ghurka soldiers. It was up to his shoulder and couldn’t go any further. He was helivacced but lost the arm. :face_vomiting::nerd_face:

1 Like

Love the enthusiasm for the hedgehog

If only everyone was as enthusiastic about the wildlife.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m not going to even ask how you came across this.

1 Like

My Father used to tell a story about the Gurkhas during WW2.

He was on guard one night - pitch black, very still. About 2 hours into his watch a Gurkha popped up next to him and said “Hello Tommy”. He was so close that he could not even swing his rifle around to point at him.
My Father asked " How did you know I was a Tommy?"
And the Gurkha replied -
“I felt the way you tied your bootlaces.”

So much respect for the Gurkha regiment.

1 Like

'Tis a secret. I don’t reveal my darkest ones in the dungeon :wink:

4 Likes

That’s nothing.

In 1980’s Australia, kids would actually be encouraged to not only go outside and play with other kids, but if they wanted a drink, would get water from the garden hose :open_mouth:

1 Like

I felt :woozy_face: just watching this…

1 Like

This is amazing!

4 Likes

Yeah, but could she do it on a cold December night at Burnley? :wink:

That was brilliant. Not just the athleticism but the graphics going on around her. :clap::+1::nerd_face:

Never knew I could hold my breath for 5:51mins until I just watched this video of this guy Fred Dibnah climbing a 100m ladder… the ladder he put up and fixed to the wall single-handed I might add with just a helper on the ground :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

2 Likes

Respect
Cyclist :+1:
Bus driver :+1:
Pedestrian :+1:

1 Like

Correct.

I’m old and tired :frowning_face:

1 Like

FUCK
THAT

And she did it perfect timing, all her moves moved in synch with graphics which is outstanding. She mixes artistry, athleticism, acrobatics with such grace. It feels like she is telling you a story and you are taken into her imaginary world.

Tend to find Audi drivers the biggest arseholes on the roads tbh.

Audis then BMWs where I live. But if I’m honest most people seem to be asshole drivers these days.