International Football

Is this genuine? If yes, it’s really wonderful news. I was very worried at the prospect of seeing them leave to Brazil in the midst of this covid-wave.

Aside from Mail, I haven’t seen any mention of it in any news outlets. Probably it’s their (entire team, not just those three) stance but it’s not official yet. I have read that the team is waiting to talk with the Brazil FA chief.

Mirror have also reported it, seems they aren’t willing to

1 Like

Haha, an aptly named thread. Way to go @Magnus . More drama in South America as the Argentina-Brazil match is stopped because four players play in that COVID hotspot…England!

“Under Brazilian rules, visitors who have been in the U.K. in the 14 days before entering the country must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.”

My my, that Brazil is strict with its COVID regulations!!! Almost as bad as Australia. :rofl:

FIFA just could not give less of a shit about global public health.

Cunts.

3 Likes

This is FIFA’s fault, at the time they were trying to bully English teams to release their players they were focusing on quarantine back here and not the 14 days in Brazil that everyone has to follow.

I don’t see what Brazil did wrong unless they ignored it to create a scene, if they lied then that’s something Argentina will have to face up to, if I was Brazil I’d be pushing for the points awarded and I’d agree with them.

Football and the likes of FIFA and UEFA believe it is above even global pandemics

I assume these players will not play once they return to the UK, I wonder if the clubs were aware of that as well considering the attitude of football authorities this will probably only dawn on them when they arrive back to the UK and they are forced into hotels.

This lot would hold a competition in Yemen, Syria or Afghanistan currently if it gave them some cash.

Brazil is actually improving mind.

1 Like

Fixed for accuracy

2 Likes

Instead of these stupid international breaks, set aside one month before the season where all national teams play all their qualifiers. Then no need for all the travelling and return, quarantine, etc, each time there is another break.

A year ago, when the pandemic was in full swing, the international teams had played 9 times over 3 breaks, when the Prem had played a total of only 9 games. Stupidity.

More efficient to play it all together. Maybe even scrap home and away qualifiers, and play each other only once at a neutral venue with no covid restrictions.

And don’t get me started on the nations league crap.

3 Likes

South Korea’s back 5 tonight in their WC qualifying.

I wonder if the one which is in capitals is Senior and the other 4 are his juniors :grimacing:

What has it got to do with COVID :thinking:

It has something to do with international (and covid-propagating) football. :wink:

1 Like

I only joined yesterday pal, give us a chance.

Or alternatively feel free to point me in the right direction which thread I should be using instead.

1 Like

No worries mate, you hit the right place with your post. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome abroad. And don’t mind me :partying_face:

Waves

@Noo_Noo

Brilliant!

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. Michael Sheen is awesome. I have no other words to describe him. I’ve seen a few articles, clips and the like from him on stuff including politics. Very much the same, just awesome.

2 Likes

It gave me shivers so fuck knows what it did for you!

1 Like

I’d rather not say on a public forum. I can’t go full @SBYM on this.

2 Likes

I love Michael Sheen a brilliant actor and seems a great guy.