It has been a while- Hi from Maria

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I haven’t been active on TAN because my mum’s health has been declining since December, when she went into hospital for a few days. She would get better for a month or so then her blood test would not be so good and the GP would refer back into in hospital again in the New Year.

My beloved, wonderful mum passed away on 23rd February after six days in hospital. I was with mum throughout this time. Mum was a fighter, doctors thought she wouldn’t last two days as she was going into septic shock, after so many underlying conditions with acute kidney injury etc. Fortunately mum’s dementia was stable for the last 8 years where she didn’t lose her ability to recognise people, she would just forget dates and timings.

I was extremely fortunate that the wonderful doctors and nurses allowed me to stay in mum’s room during the whole time. They really took care of my mum and tried their best to get mum better. When they said that I needed call close family or friends, I tried hard not to cry in front of Mum too much. I held mum’s hand, talked as much as I could and hugged mum until her last breath, she wasn’t in any pain thankfully, was sleeping a lot of the time and would open her eyes look to see if I was there, she looked so serene and beautiful. God had plans for mum, which I resented at first, but I then I realised she is with my Dad now and she is in a better place.

It has been very hard coping without Mum, I really miss mum a lot. The house seems so empty, even when mum was at home, abit under the weather, at least mum was there in the house and we could talk, eat and watch tv together, especially the matches with her witty commentary. I wanted to come on TAN and post, but I had so many visitors coming for condolences and then I had to go away for abit, just to get away from my surroundings and I was so overwhelmed with seeing so many people and coping with own my grief.

I was at the cemetery yesterday during the match. It was a beautiful day. I felt I had to be there with mum so she wouldn’t miss out. Her garden is a beautiful and peaceful spot, near a cherry blossom tree and you can hear the birds sing. Mum would have been so proud of the boys winning the elusive FA cup. Mum always made sure that the F.A cup day was a big family event when I was growing up.

I am not okay tbh, but I feel abit better from the previous day. I have a long way to go to get to get ‘okay’ status, I hope to get there somehow, so please bear with me if I post irrationally from time to time.

I have truly missed TAN family, I am really sorry I wasn’t there to cheer and moan the highs and lows in the match threads with you all.

Best wishes to you all.

YNWA

69 Likes

Sincerest sympathies, it’s a horrible loss to bear.

7 Likes

So sorry to hear that, Maria. May your mother rest in peace.

YNWA.

5 Likes

Thinking of you Maria. Thankfully I haven’t lost a parent yet, but I’ve seen the effect it’s had on my mum. It’s a devastating thing to go through.

Glad you have somewhere to go to be with your mum. And please give yourself permission to feel whatever you need to feel and let it take as long as you need.

6 Likes

God’s blessings, comfort, and peace be with you, dear lady.

5 Likes

Glad you’re back Maria, I am so sorry for your loss. Like I already told you, just do what feels right for you, take one step at a time. I wish you a lot of strength in this difficult time and send you a big hug.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss Maria, Remember we are here if you ever need a chat :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I want to send my condolences to you, Maria, concerning your grave loss. I know you said condolences are a chore, but it’s my way of giving you a hug. I have lost more than a bit of close family in my life and although I have my mum still, I know how deep bottomless loss is. I hope you will be able to cope and that you have people around you. If you feel like spending some time with something less important, like football nonsense, then please feel free to write some nonsense here with us.

All the best, Magnus.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for your kind and comforting words, I am so overwhelmed in a good way. :heart: :heart:

One minute, I am okay talking, the next minute I am in tears when something triggers me off. For example, this week, I went to the same hospital for an outpatient appointment, I felt like Mum was still there. I just wished I had mum for abit longer, you know.

4 Likes

I want to read every post I missed, not sure where to start here, oh my word!

3 Likes

My condolences.

Please take care! :heart:

2 Likes

I lost my Dad 14 years ago when he died in an operating theatre. I never really gotten over it, until today, even if life has to just go on. Condolences, take time to grieve and the only thing that will keep us going is knowing that there are people in this world still around who love us and deserves our best. Take care!

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this Maria.
Will be saying a prayer for both you and your mum.
Try and stay strong x

4 Likes

It is never easy losing someone so close to you. While we have missed you you have been focusing on the most important things. Yourself and your family. Hopefully the Reds can help bring some joy to you. Know that the entire TAN family is here for you and YNWA

2 Likes

My deepest commiserations, Maria.
Be as strong as Klopp’s Mentality Monsters.
**Y**ou’ll **N**ever **W**alk **A**lone.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss Maria,my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

YNWA

2 Likes

All my love Maria, YNWA!

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Maria. Let your mom rest in peace.

Over the years, you have often mentioned your mom in your posts here and there. And from what i read and remember, you were doing a great job taking care of your mom.

Your father and mother will look at you from heaven and they will be proud of you. Keep your chin high.

PS - I lost my father during the corona first wave - i wanted to take care of him (actually, be under his care) for at least 10 more years. Now, I have to console myself that I did whatever I could within the time I got and the fact that my father knows this. Life is never the same without him and i miss him all the time. But I’m just happy that I was able to do at least this much for him. Only that mild satisfaction is making me, move on with life.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss Maria, stay strong.

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear that Maria. I hope you soon feel able to some back and take part in the forum again. Your contributions have been missed.
Stay strong,.
YNWA

4 Likes