It has been a while- Hi from Maria

I’m so sorry for your loss, Maria… may your mother rest in peace. From what I can see, she was lucky to have you at her side until the end, and to take care of her with so much love and dedication. :hearts:

(I second what has been said by others already: it’s nice to see you back here!)

6 Likes

Sorry to hear Maria, as you say I’m sure there were many looking down on Sunday. YNWA x

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Maria. RIP to your mum. YNWA

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss Maria, may your mum rest in peace :pray:. YNWA, we are all here for you :heart:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your Loss Maria,

may your mother rest in peace, my wife went through the same pain early this year, she gains comfort from remembering all the good times.

its great to have you back and i hope you can heal.

YNWA

5 Likes

Very sorry to hear that Maria, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Your mum will always be in your heart and your memories.

Wo gehen wir denn hin?
Immer nach Hause

YNWA

4 Likes

Deepest Sympathies Maria.
Toughest of times for you and family.
Take good care of yourself.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss, you never get over it, just take it day by day, and suddenly everyday gets a little bit easier…celebrate mum’s life every way you can…in silly ways or daft ways…which help you smile…whenever you feel like it, just drop TAN a note…we’ll be here…YNWA…just remember that…

3 Likes

Very sorry for your loss Maria. My mum was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer almost three years ago now, thankfully she’s still with us and seems okay, but it’s hard being half a world away in the states while she’s in Northern Ireland, it I’m getting ready to take my family over there for two weeks next month.

I’m not sure how I’ll react, but I imagine it will be something like what you’ve described. I think it just takes time to get back to some semblance of “normal”.

We will always be here to chat should you ever need us. As for catching up on posts you’ve missed, best steer clear of anything with the phrase “no offense, @maria”….

9 Likes

So sad Maria. So sad.

It brought a lump to my throat reading that. Your story is a almost a carbon copy of what I went through with my Mum. It was an end of life situation with her. She was initially given perhaps three days to live when she first went into hospital, but was still with us a month later. A proper fighter. Everything was prepared for her to return home, but on the day she was due back I got a phone call from her ward telling me that she contracted Covid. Two days later she was gone.

The last six months of her life were a real struggle for Mum and I did the best for her that I could. It was a privilege to care for her. She was the light of my life.

The first year without her was a very bad time for me. I was constantly thinking of her and missed her terribly. I thought the mental anguish would never end, but time is a healer as they say, and gradually I did learn to cope with the loss. The pain slowly recedes into the background, but you do get the occasional pang of grief. I can only tell you that things WILL get better for you, but for now, you have my thoughts and my deepest condolences xxx

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss, Maria.

Stay strong, surround yourself with family and friends to get through this time.

We have a picture of mom at a specific location at home. Every morning and every night, dad and I would say good morning and good night and a little prayer. Whenever we feel like it, or on specific days, we would buy something she liked to eat or drink. Memories of her never fade, but the hurt has diminished.

Y.N.W.A.

4 Likes

My commiserations for your loss.

Drop into TAN whenever you feel like if you think it will help you feel better. And seconding all the good wishes sent by everyone in this thread.

3 Likes

heartfelt prayers and thoughts to you and your family. I understand it’s not easy to accept, because I lost my mother 28 years ago. I still miss her a lot, much more than I thought, because many people say that “time heals “, and only console myself with thoughts that she is in a better place and I feel she is still there for me. She became a Liverpool fan, because she knew that I loved the club, keeping me up to date with news of the club when I went away. I know that your mum is always in your heart, so I hope you can feel that she is always with you, because that’s what I feel with my mum
YNWA

3 Likes

Hello Maria,

I always find it very difficult to find the appropriate words for such situations. I pray that your mother finds eternal peace and I pray that you and your family find the strength.

My mother has dementia too and she can’t identify anyone anymore; well, it’s been a while since she has been like that. Perhaps what I want to say is that I understand your helplessness and hopelessness and I admire your compassion and composure.

Yeah, you aren’t supposed to be OK. But I feel you will be OK, in time. Take one day at a time. Mourn the loss, but treasure the memories. And remember, we are here for you.

Take care.

6 Likes

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

Mary Elizabeth Frye

p.s. I do not have the wordsmithery but these are a collection I have found that speak to me on this painful subject

7 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve been through this. It’s heart-warming to know that you were so close and have so many good memories with her. I wish you peace and love during your healing :heart:

2 Likes

Frye is a truly great poet. This one is wonderful. :+1:

3 Likes

Deepest sympathies @Maria

Take care of yourself and family

5 Likes

Hello Maria,
so sorry to hear that your mum passed away.

My mum, like Iftikhars mum, has also dementia. She‘s 91 years old and can‘t identify her children. Today I was with her and she didn’t speak one single word.

I generally like your posts and I missed you here on.
I wish the very best to you and I would be glad to hear from you under different circumstances

YNWA

5 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss Maria.

We’re always here for you, if you need us.

5 Likes