It has been a while- Hi from Maria

My TAN favourite. All the best @Maria

4 Likes

God bless you Maria. I’m so sorry to hear of such sadness in your life.

Take care YNWA :heart::nerd_face:

3 Likes

There are not enough words to express my heartfelt affection for you all. I am so blessed that I have you all to talk to here. All the posts, the poems and sayings have really lifted my spirits. Sometimes, I can say things here, but if I said them to the ‘other’ family, they would look at me as if I need to be sectioned!

I haven’t been sleeping well for the last few months. Every time I see an ambulance go by, I always get a strange feeling in my heart. I have had so many people telling me I need to do this, I need to do that, need to go out etc. I just don’t feel like doing anything right now. I don’t want to sort out Mum’s things. I am not ready to let go of Mum’s things.

I am only 10 minutes’ drive from Mum’s place. I find great comfort and peace, when I am at the cemetery, it almost looks like countryside garden, it so well maintained. I know it sounds abit morbid. I met quite a few people who come on a regular basis to see loved ones and it is helpful to talk to someone who has been through bereavement.

16 Likes

Sorry, only just saw this. So sorry to hear of your loss. I’ve watched my wife deal with the death of both parents. The loss is bad enough but what it does to the living is heart-breaking. We’ll always be here for some LFC themed light relief :slight_smile:

Personally, I like the words of Kermit the Frog:

Life is made up of meetings and partings . That is the way of it.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear of your loss Maria. It sounds trite when your grief is so raw but it is true that time heals. Losing parents is sadly a right of passage for most of us but how nature intended it. We live on with hopefully good memories to cherish for the rest of our lives.

I lost both my parents a long time ago when I was in my 30s. My father died very suddenly of a heart attack whereas my mother lingered in a nursing home for 3 years so two very different experiences. In my mother’s case I found it took a very long time to be able to remember her other than the unrecognisable person in that home. However I can remember her now as the mum of my childhood and the nursing home memories have faded into the background, thank goodness.

14 Likes

Welcome back @Maria

So sorry to hear about your loss.

4 Likes

Maria, thank you for posting. I am so sorry for your loss. My mum died 7 yrs ago and it seems like yesterday.

You are in my thoughts as you grieve. It is one of those things where it is ok to not be ok. Take as long as you need.

It sounds like you have a great spot, with the birdsong in the background, to remember and give thanks for every good thing your mum passed on to you, including the precious gift of life itself.

YNWA

5 Likes

Glad to see you back Maria and I’m very sorry for your loss. Of course you should take as long as you like, but I look forward to you returning and posting with your usual dignity and kindness.
YNWA

6 Likes

I get a lift and strength reading your posts everyone, you are amazing Red family, I would be so lost without you all.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :pray: :palms_up_together:

17 Likes

Condoléances to you and your family keep your chin up

3 Likes

Very sorry indeed, to read this @Maria.

You were sorely missed.

YNWA

3 Likes

Maria

I’m sorry to hear of the passing of your dear Mum. I haven’t yet had to experience this; my wife lost both her parents within months of each other, a few years back and it was devastating to her. I hope you are able to give and take support from those around you to keep moving and keeping your mum’s memory in your heart.

Sending some bug hugs

Semmy

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss Maria. My thoughts are with you and your family.

This is beautiful, and says it better than I ever could. Be kind to yourself, and give yourself time.

Stay strong Maria. YWNA.

6 Likes

Hi Maria,
please remember our anthem:

„…hold your head up high….

I‘m sure that will help you

4 Likes

So sorry to hear of your loss, Maria. I have had a similar experience with my Dad in the last 6 weeks being in hospital, but without the sad conclusion you have suffered. Stay strong and try to find time to enjoy the Reds over the next 8 days, come what may.

6 Likes

I am having ‘getting through the day’ days, crappy days and the odd good day.

You all are helping getting through this sadness, with your positive and up beat vibes. Thank you ever so much.

Btw, we did play Y.N.W.A three days after the burial at the cemetery. We have ritual we do there on the third day. We played a couple of Mum’s favourite songs, Mary Hopkins ‘Those were Days’ and Tom Jones ‘Delilah’ as well. My cousins from abroad and I chose the Beatles ‘Let it Be’. My cousin, who isn’t a great football watcher was very moved by YNWA and was in tears, he is usually not a crying type.

12 Likes

Hi Maria hope you are coping a bit better…
Anyway, and I understand to each their own, but when my father left us many years ago now, I was devastated beyond what I thought it was possible to be… A short while after the church service, and it must have been obvious to many that I was distraught, a lady came up to me and thrust a book into my hand and said whilst he remains in my heart, he will never be far away from my thoughts… and to take care and stuff like that.
So the book was called…
Testimony of Light by Helen Greaves.
It was written in the late sixties, and like I said everyone to their own, but I was so glad I actually read it at the time…
The book reviews can explain what it entails better than I ever could, but even after twenty odd years, I can still recall an awful lot of what was in it, and the message it offers towards coming to terms with the turn of events…
Big Hug… and keep on going forward

8 Likes

YNWA’s place in the original musical it was written for was to comfort someone through their grief….

3 Likes

My heartfelt condolences Maria.

1 Like

So sorry to hear of this Maria. My grandmother is going through the later stages of dementia and it has robbed her of most of her cognitive functioning — I am glad your mother was able to maintain most of her ability to recognize people — still, watching a loved one go through those kinds of struggles is agony. Grief is not a linear process and it’s perfectly OK to not be OK — the latter is something I have to remind myself of often — but time helps, if not heals. :heart:

4 Likes