It has been a while- Hi from Maria

Dementia is an awful disease, but thankfully, mum’s medication helped her dementia not get worse. I am glad medical research is doing alot more to try and find a cure or solution to this condition.

On top that, i have been feeling quite unwell since yesterday evening. I have just tested positive for corona virus!:weary:. My work dept are total 14 people , half of them are home due to Covid. Sore throat, cough and cold like symptoms.

Can’t wait for this virus to diminish.

5 Likes

Oh Maria, I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope it is only mild. Send you a hug.

3 Likes

Me and hubby went 2.5yrs with nothing…then went to a wedding night do…and caugjt the dam lurgy…I know it’s not…but I treated it like flu…and it took 10 days to get rid…hang in there…:sneezing_face::sneezing_face::sneezing_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Livvy, i feel so achy and the sore throat worse than the usual. I am on the herbal teas with ginger and lemon and paracetamol.

3 Likes

Omg 10 days! I am hoping to be negative in 2-3 days.:grimacing:. It must be the super spreader variant. I have been so careful last 2.5 years as well. I still wear my mask in the shop, if there are many people.

We had our monthly departmental meeting last week. We all became positive within a day of each other since the weekend. We all have similar symptoms, some are worse than others. Will have to go on the lemsip then.
Looks like the virus is still hanging around.

3 Likes

Get well soon, we have a final to win. :pray:

3 Likes

Bless you…it’s a beggar…and u feel s**t at first…I lost my appetite…but nothing else…hubby said it would do me good for a few days…anyway…after 8 days on the test it was a very feint line…but even then i felt better…hang on in…

1 Like

My wife and I had it two weeks ago. Count two-three days of possibly strong symptoms, and then a few days weakness and fatigue. In ten days, max two weeks, you’ll be fully ok again. Stay strong! :muscle:

3 Likes

Thanks Hope,

I have the week off next week, i was planning to do so many things, jow that has gone down the pan!

There seems to be a re-emergence of Covid. Nearly everyone at work has either had it a few weeks ago or getting it now.

3 Likes

same. wife came back from Spain with it. not sure how she managed to sneak on the plane. she struggled for 3-4 days at home, then had a few good days. now she’s feeling a bit shit again, almost like it got a second wind…

1 Like

Keep your chin up Maria and save your strength for Saturday. At least enough for you to be able to ‘handbag’ the Madrid players. :+1::nerd_face:

3 Likes

I am feeling better today thank you, except for this wretched cough which keeps me awake night.
Trying desperately to get better and have a voice for shouting at the tv. If i wasn’t ill, i would have gone to an LFC watching pub and watch with the other fans.

4 Likes

Funny virus that.
My wife has got it. Despite vaccinated and boostered. Mild syptoms.
Me? Tested each day, always negative.
(We live together in a flat)

2 Likes