James MILNER: 2020/21

He was pretty terrible first half last night. Rusty as hell and looked well off the pace. He improved as the game went on. Henderson’s introduction helped as the rest of the midfield was carrying Jones until that point.

His fitness is incredible and his game management experience really helps in the latter stages. Going to ground and taking a bit longer than he needs to to get back up. Running it into the corner flag. Picking up cheap free kicks. All helps takes the sting out of the game and run down the clock.

6 Likes

Pretty terrible and rusty as hell my arse! :rage:

Looked very late for 3 or 4 tackles in the first half and was expecting him to be booked well before he was. His game intelligence will just increase, its just the legs seem to be inevitably fading.

Compared to Klaassen I thought Milner was very unlucky to be carded.
He seemed to get around alright to me, acknowledging he’s no spring chicken.

not surprised to see that there were at least a couple of other posters who’d made this observation before it occurred to me but it does look like age is starting to catch up with him, finally

1 Like

Just working himself into match fitness.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

He is such a valuable part of our squad.

4 Likes

:clap: :clap:

5 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

Watched it 4 days sometimes with a brew :innocent: DJ was the well-deserved winner, he was outstanding.

1 Like

We all know he’s going to be our next CB. Let’s just get on with it.

2 Likes

While he’s covering right back?

1 Like

Why not? It’s Milner after all.

4 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

You know he died in the end don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

No wonder he never got ‘Lead Role’ in the Nivea Face Cream Advertisements on TV…! :0)

3 Likes

Bloody hell. He is going to keep playing till he is 40, isn’t he?

3 Likes

post match interviews are strange in MillieWorld.

8 Likes