James MILNER: 2021/22

To be honest I would be offering him a 1 year extension.

Funny to think by the end of this season, he will likely have played more games here than at Leeds/City combined or at Villa/Newcastle combined.

4 Likes

When James Milner was talking to the media following the win against Crystal Palace on Saturday, Jurgen Klopp walked past and said: ā€˜He loves the position, whatever he says!ā€™

Worth remembering that Matip was also a free transfer arriving just a season after Milner.

Elisha Scott was also a free.

But Milner easily in the top three in my lifetime.

1 Like

Millie is more important that Matip.

6 months later. :slight_smile:

Premier League Ok GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

12 - No player has provided more assists in the Champions League for Liverpool (excluding qualifiers) than James Milner (12, level with Steven Gerrard).

3 Likes

And 8 of those from the 17/18 campaign.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Milner not offered an extension!!! #FSGout!!! :grin:

James Milner is expected to miss the next four games for Liverpool after suffering a hamstring injury at Man United, assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders has revealed.

3 Likes

Typical Milner :rofl:

Does this mean weā€™ve offered him a new contract? Or does it mean heā€™s going back to Leedsā€¦

What do we think - is this his last season with us?

Nahā€¦heā€™ll play till heā€™s 50!

1 Like

I would think so, the question is what/where ā€¦ will he do after, I can not see him quitting football and I feel the club would like to keep him in some role.
I hope he doesnā€™t try to extend his career somewhere in a lower league (though could see him take up a player/manager role if it was offered).

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind starting Milner against Everton.

1 Like

Good idea, but who drops out?