January Transfer Window 2022

It’s a joke, right! Where would Barcelona get €50m???

They don’t need money for rumours….*

*Unless it’s the Fleetwood Mac ones

No No No GIF

1 Like

F*ck knows how Hakim Ziyech is stylistically a plan B to Ferran Torres, but anyway…

Romano also says today that Barca are open to offers for Dest.

Nothing about that club makes any sense. They are skint but they want Torres, who I don’t think it worth anywhere near that sort of money, but they’ll take Ziyech as his replacement, who’d probably also cost that sort of money. It looks like they haven’t learnt their lesson, long may it continue.

1 Like

Some rumours from Brazil tonight that Raphinha could be off to Bayern in January for €50m.

1 Like

Odd signing. Do they need him? Who is he replacing?
They’ve already won their league so no challenge for him.

They’re not exactly overloaded in that position. Gnabry, Sane and Coman, but the last of those has always been streaky with form and fitness, Sane has not been the hit they expected. With Muller and Lewi both at an age when they should have already been thinking about replacements, it makes sense that they’d be looking for more forwards.

2 Likes

Is it a result of some BM blueprint? Left footed attacker playing from the right. Robben, Costa and now Raphinha.

1 Like

Barca have announced Torres.

Just looked at the numbers, this deal, if we merge it with what Barca spent last summer, they’re currently on -£9m.

1 Like

What I’m reading is the last round of published figures had not included Griezeman’s exit, and so with the loss of Aguero also coming since then they have more room to maneuver (why such bad reporting on the issue over an extended period then?). The purchase price is also amortized meaning they only have to apply the first year’s contribution to that into this year’s spending restrictions.

1 Like

Something tells me that Spurs are one of the two.

1 Like

Rumors in Italy that we could be in for Kessie on a free in the summer. I’d defenitely would be intereseted at that price

What price :thinking: :flushed:

He is out of contract, so would be a free. Hence I said at that price :wink:

1 Like

Kessie’s an interesting one - he’s got a good injury record, and in the previous 4 seasons, he’s made appearances in the 30s per season in the Serie A. He’s only (just) 25 years old - been around a long time!

I’ve not seen much of him play, but when I have, he seems to be a bit of a destroyer and recycler of the ball. We could do with someone robust in midfield, and younger legs too. Whether or not he could adapt, who knows - I’ve not seen enough to know what he could do - and don’t really fancy a youtube scout right now.

1 Like