January Transfer Window 2022

Probably more suited for Spurs and Conte than for us.

Kessie? He’s fucking shit, both times we played them he was blowing out of his arse after 10minutes.

1 Like
1 Like

Reo Hatate from Kawasaki Frontale to Celtic for £1.3m.
Brian Brobbey from RB Leipzig back to Ajax on loan.
Giorgi Mamardarshvili’s loan from Dinamo Tbilisi to Valencia turned into a permanent move for £770k.

1 Like

Vitaliy Mykolenko from Dynamo Kiev to Everton confirmed, £21.1m.
Vanderson from Gremio to Monaco for £10m.
Daryl Dike from Orlando to WBA for £7.7m.
Maduka Okoye from Watford to Sparta Rotterdam on loan.
Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka to Celtic for £685k.
Daizen Maeda from Yokohama Marinos to Celtic on loan.

Celtic bringing more Japanese players on the wave of Kyogo mania. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The breadth of these updates very impressive. We should play a game - with every update Zoran should include a team that is completely made up and then we guess which one isnt real :joy:

5 Likes

Aaron Connolly from Brighton to Middlesbrough on loan.

Game on :+1:

Many years ago they brought Nakamura Shunske over from Japan - my favourite Japanese player at the time.

1 Like

Maxime Busi from Parma to Reims on loan.
Rafael Czichos from Koln to Chicago for £400k.
Jonathan Ikone from Lille to Fiorentina confirmed, £12.6m.
Johan Vasquez from UNAM Pumas to Genoa for £3.1m.
Fabio Depaoli from Sampdoria to Hellas Verona on loan.

1 Like

This took long. :joy:

Bloody hell… There have to be some big things we, regular people, don’t know about Barcelona and Real Madrid. How they can afford big signings (more than doubling what Man City paid for Torres, for example) is beyond me.

They’re the biggest clubs in the world, recovering goes quickly than at other places.

Real shame what has happened at Lille. The turn around under Galtier was astonishing, even more so because their improvement continued even while selling key players every year. With Ikone going, I think Botman is probably the last big asset they’ve got left.

1 Like

No they took out a £500mil loan.

1 Like

I thought their issues were to do with abiding by the La Liga financial fair play rules rather than not having enough cash? I could be wrong but I remember stories about them needing to get their wage bill down so it was a certain percentage of revenue. I don’t see how a loan helps with that unless they have managed to put in on the books as revenue, which sounds dodgy.

1 Like

Matteo Lovato from Atalanta to Cagliari on loan.
Ricardo Pepi from Dallas to Augsburg for £14.4m, club record fee.
Michael Cuisance from Bayern to Venezia for £3.6m.

1 Like

You are right, the loan doesnt help them in that regard.

It is not UEFA’s FFP that is handcuffing them right now, but a domestic spending limit that is applied to their overall footballing budget for the single year. It’s left them only 100m budget to play with for both new signings (amortized over the length of contract) and current salaries. Once that number was set in the summer, they could get additional costs off their books, but the spanish rules mean that only 25% of those savings could be applied to their current year spending limit. In other words, to allow them pay Torres 100k a week they would need to get 400k of salary off their books. As such, they have bought Torres in line with their FFP limits, but cannot register him to play in the league because they havent found a way around their domestic spending limitations yet. And this is after having removed Aguero’s salary from their books.

They are apparently expecting to be able to register Torres, so we can likely see some moves coming (as I’ve said, I think the likes of Dest and Roberto are more likely than big ticket items like Phil and Umtiti), but apparently extending Dembele’s contract is a big one as it allows them to amortize his signing over a longer period and remove a large chunk of that signing fee off this years books.

Most of what they’re dealing with now is an acute problem caused by a massive drop in revenue from covid. By next season the impact of that will be off their books in terms of the domestic limitations imposed on them. Yes they will still issues of overall debt to revenue to deal with, but it was the single year financial loss from last season that is currently screwing them.

1 Like

We should really offer to help them out, and take Fati and Pedro off their books to free up some more wages

2 Likes