January Transfer Window 2022

Why did I picture Rio rubbing his hands when I read that statement.

Silvan Hefti from Young Boys to Genoa for £4.5m.

Hefty transfer for Bologna, must say.

Good explanation, thanks!

You go from young potential player at the youth team of a Prem club and constant loans to get experience, and then decide to go permanantly into the Championship to establish your career. Play a lot of games, and your team gets to the Prem. Get a taste of the Prem in your mid 20s, and then get a move to a big Prem club. Work hard to establish yourself and progress. Just miss out to Liverpool in the CL final.

Approach your 30s and make a move abroad to a top European team. Win La Liga, and with your national team just miss out on the Euros.

You’ve been selected in the La Liga team of the season, and you’re looking ahead to the latter part of the CL games. Then comes the mighty Newcastle. What you’re gonna do Trippier? Stay or go?

Show him the money!

Pretty good career, not many English players try out something new abroad.

This one will go through, Atletico will bag what they paid for him + possibly a small profit and they will have to find a replacement this month.

Teden Mengi from United to Birmingham on loan.

1 Like

I think he could have played couple more years for another big European club.

Probably a lack of such interest vs money on table.

I agree - he’s class, why he would decide to go there and not go to one of many clubs in Europe that would snap him up.

Pre-arranged replacement maybe?

Didn’t Everton buy another wingback from Ukraine?

Left-back.

1 Like

Yeah, pair of new full backs.

Looks like Digne could be off, interesting to see where he goes next. Was one of the league’s better LB’s until not so long ago.

1 Like

What’s happened there? Do we think Rafa just doesnt like him defensively, or is Dinge angling for a move?

Highly doubt it that he wouldn’t be good enough to start for Everton under any manager/style. But there was talk recently that his form dropped and he wants out. Perhaps some stuff behind the scenes, perhaps not trying hard enough anymore. We’ll see who gets him and if it’s in January or next summer.

He was said to be Inter’s target. I’d hate it if they strengthened ahead of our CL clash, he’s a rather good player, probably too good for what Everton were over his time there.

When he first signed he was bragging about turning Liverpool down the deluded fool.