Joe GOMEZ: 2020/21

My last pair of boots were white Adidas predator boots,all the dickheads had them.

6 Likes

These were always my favourite to play in.

Always found kangaroo leather boots to be the most comfortable imo (*apologies to PETA)

4 Likes

How in the world does Gomez thread turned into a football boots thread?

5 Likes

We liked his boots :sunglasses:

1 Like

Currently have addidas world cup another classic boot, basically Copaā€™s with studs

Joe Gomez will have a fit if he bumps into this thread :joy:

1 Like

I had the astros, too. Never played on astro, though. I sneaked them into my bag and wore them on the walk to and from school. Uphill both ways, like. Mustā€™ve gone through a pair a month.

1 Like

Worse performance than Lovren against Tottenham. All over the place once again.

He should be 4th choice at this point, some of his performances in 2020 have been abysmal.

2 Likes

Heā€™s become extremely inconsistent between games. Imperious against Arsenal but he and Trent as a tandem have been painfully exposed against the likes of Watford, Man City, Chelsea, Leeds, now Aston Villaā€¦ Iā€™d like to see the exacts stats but I think that the back line is higher than before and that players simply havenā€™t adapted.

3 Likes

Hooked him 15 minutes too late. Feel for him after an awful day at the office. Great player on his day but too often heā€™s at the scene of the crime, appreciate itā€™s harder to defend on his side of the pitch but there seems to be a few fundamental flaws creeping into his game. Defended him after the Leeds match but for the past 20 or so games he canā€™t seem to get into a consistent run of form.

Iā€™m not ready to write him off. Heā€™s an excellent player and for a long time he and VVD were the best CB partnership in Europe. He was atrocious today. Couldnā€™t do anything right but I think that the tactics are unsettling the back line. We are definitely higher than weā€™ve ever been under Klopp. Itā€™s making the players, even VVD, nervous and affecting their individual and collective performances.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t help when it looks like Trent has decided he is not defending anymore.

Would anyone care to tell me how hooking him tonight made us better?

1 Like

Especially after his injury last year he is never the same player. His pace bails him out at times but with proper positioning and defending you donā€™t lose your runner in first place. His passing has been abysmalā€¦ Lovrens long range passing was quite sharp and very good. Gomez is poor manā€™s Lovren with pace, in other words Eric Bailey of Liverpool.

Mate it doesnā€™t work that wayā€¦ Bobby was poor today and we all agree - so you canā€™t ask people how many goals we scored after Bobby was substituted. The answer is none - so that doesnā€™t mean Bobby had a decent game? The game is already over at 5-1ā€¦

1 Like

Sure, but the issue is not the score. Itā€™s that the door Villa had been waltzing through all game did not close after he got hooked. Would you have been surprised if that game had gone ten? Milner makes an incredible last ditch tackle, the Villa lad hits the bar and they had 3-4 other chances. And this is all after Gomez gets hooked.

They attacked the gap between RFB and RCB ruthlessly and got joy over and over again.

3 Likes

Nothing to not agree thereā€¦ Our high line was getting picked like a locksmith on the rightā€¦ Robbo had a fantastic gameā€¦ As I said Trent was poor and Gomez terribleā€¦ Its not just this game mate he was poor after his injury for close to a year nowā€¦ At the start of last season Gomez and Van Dyk were immenseā€¦ After the injury its not the same Gomezā€¦ Too many mistakes, sloppy passes and no urgency with the ball and inviting unnecessary tackles and losing the ballā€¦ Some players arenā€™t the same after a serious injury and whether he can step up to that level I am not sure as he had more than sufficient chancesā€¦ Just my views mateā€¦

The only thing that was higher than our defensive line was me,pretty close tho.

7 Likes

He didnā€™t have a serious injury. Thigh strain wasnā€™t it? Hardly an ACL.

3 Likes