Squad Number: 32
Position: Defender
Height: 1.93m
Weight: 83 kg
D.O.B.: 08.08.1991.
Town of Birth: Bochum
Country of Birth: Germany
Nationality: Cameroonian

On the eve of new beginnings that is the 2020/2021 season, here’s to hoping our resident madman can stay healthy. When healthy and playing regularly IMO one of the most underrated CB in the entire Prem and all of world football.

And as an aside, he is certainly a different bird, isn’t he?

8 Likes

Out for month according to Klopp. Centre back might be Liverpool’s Achilles’ heel this season unless Van Dijk, Gomez and Fabinho remain consistently fit.

1 Like

Injured again after only returning from injury. I like Matip as a player but hr just cant sustain any period of sustained fitness.

A month! Fuck me.

We’ll probably put plans in place to replace him soon enough, if not this window within a year. A real shame as he’s been very, very good since we lost 4-1 away at Tottenham.

1 Like

The guy’s fucking made of twiglets.

2 Likes

The German/Cameroonian Aurelio :triumph:

Gave him a 5-year deal last summer, which takes him until the age of 33-34.

God knows what would be if he still played international football.

Excellent yesterday and could also have had a goal to show for. If only he can stay injury free…

2 Likes

Matip was nothing short of sensational. One of the 3 best players on the pitch start to finish.

1 Like

According to the fine folk of twitter, Matip is in hospital for a scan on a muscle issue/niggle he complained about post Saturdays game.

Are we about to majorly regret (and do a fk load of told you so’s) not replacing Lovren, as we are down to one fit centre back in Gomez, who’s confidence looks somewhat shot.

That would not leave us down to 1 fit CB. We still have Phillips as he never secured any loan/permanent deal so he is still available.

1 Like

I think someone is on a wind up and it’s hopefully not true. The poster of this news has just created his account. Maybe just an old video??

1 Like

If you want to spread panic amongst Liverpool fans what would you do?? Post some fake news about Matip…

Matip is fine

6 Likes

Also got a great old man angry walk…

6 Likes

What a weirdo this guy is. :joy:

3 Likes

You think?

2 Likes

How’s Steven Caulker these days…?

2 Likes

Why? Are we short of Center forwards again?? :flushed:

5 Likes

This just does my head in. Fingers crossed he is ok. Matip is one of my absolute favorites at the club, and IMO is really underrated by our supporters, but it’s mind bending how often he’s being scanned or complaining of some random tweak. I don’t want to pile on, because we need all the positivity we can have right now and what’s done is done…but I openly posted how dangerous it was to go into the season without adding a CB for depth. I even specifically said, ‘we are one serious injury to Virgil away to having serious problems’. :man_facepalming:

1 Like