Joel MATIP: 2020/21

This is why you double down on a Gomez Fabinho partnership. There is simply no point in investing in this guy. Great defender when fit. Never, ever fit.

1 Like

Yep Fabinho and Gomez the starting pair, when Matip is available he can be used to rest and rotate those two without too much drop off in quality (they’ll need rests in this congested season). Phillips for emergency cover. Williams, Koumetio and Van Den Berg hopefully given games and chances to develop without putting too much pressure on them or exposing them in big games before they’re ready. It’s never going to be ideal losing VvD but I think we can cope and be at a similar or slightly better level than our rivals providing Gomez form doesn’t drop off a cliff.

Why does it do your head in? He had a precautionary scan which showed nothing.

Come on, don’t go all chicken little on us.

It was massively unlikely that following his huge period out he would have started the Ajax game, Van Dijk fit or not.

1 Like

Good lord. It’s a figure of speech. Chicken little? Laugh out fucking loud.

Did you at all read the rest of my post? Or literally anything else, ever? You’re cruising around these boards looking to fight today. I’m not the only person who has noticed.

What? I’ve questioned ArD who is getting his knickers in a twist in the Who Would you Buy thread.

And now your good self, everyone needs to calm down a bit
 Don’t you think we are going to be overly cautious with any player who has felt a little niggle? Especially in central defence.

I’ll ignore your imaginary “I’m not the only one to have noticed” lol, ok what did the coolkids whatsapp group go off or something.

Lads, keep it civil, please. It’s been a tough year, let alone these few days, but there really is no need to go off at each other like that. Come on, you know better than that.

5 Likes

No worries, I honestly was just trying to lighten the mood and offer a bit of perspective.

Me thinks the sour taste from the derby game has impacted upon every genuine Liverpool fan

It is only to be expected tensions are running high
 we still all friends at the end of the day though!
:0)

My apologies, but it was in today’s Echo:

Liverpool could be down to one fit recognised centre-back for their Champions League opener this week after Joel Matip underwent a scan on a leg injury.

Matip had the tests on Saturday as a precaution after complaining of discomfort in a muscle following the [2-2 Merseyside derby draw] with Everton on Saturday.

While the results revealed no obvious problem, Liverpool will continue to assess the defender’s fitness as they ramp up preparations for the clash with Ajax in Amsterdam on Wednesday.

Hopefully it just turns out to have been precautionary i.e. a false alarm.

@GermanRed @Neukölln @anon27364116 and anyone else with German ancestry or experience, was Matip this crisp when he played in German League???

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well, it wasnt precautionary. Matip is once again crocked.

1 Like

VVD injured from Pickford’s “challenge”,the bbc stands for a big bunch of cunts.

2 Likes

Well at least we managed to get one game in a row out of him.

6 Likes

I wonder how these players cope with this. Being an average player and never getting to play at the top level is one thing. But knowing how good you are and never being able to reach the level you could, how do you cope with that frustration?

Matip, Aurelio, Agger, Kewell, Smicer; these just from top of my mind

Melt him down to glue, might be some use.

You’d get more for him if you made lasagne.

Decent five aside team that!

1 Like

What has he done now???

What’s the latest issue?