Jordan HENDERSON MBE: 2021/22

Ha&s he had the opportunity with those 2? :rofl:

Thatā€™s what makes it such a weird assessment.

1 Like
2 Likes

So new contract, 2 years replaced by 3 with an option for a 4th. The 3 will be a payrise the 4th would then be appearances based is what everyone is saying. Best compromise available? Takes him to 34 with 34-35 on appearances based contract if the option is activated. Canā€™t see him being here longer than that, Milner is a freak and I imagine this might be the last year as a player here for James (although might be wrong).

1 Like

Please let this be true. I am not surprised JK has got involved. We canā€™t afford to lose any more dressing room leaders.

1 Like

ā€œThe Athletic revealed in July that talks between the two parties were not progressing, raising the possibility of Henderson leaving in the current transfer window or as a free agent next summer. But dialogue continued and then advanced significantly when the 31-year-old England midfielder returned from a post-Euro 2020 holiday earlier this month.ā€

All sounds like normal negociations blown out of all proportions by the clickbaitletic.

13 Likes

:joy:

I am ready for more of theseā€¦ :grimacing:

5 Likes

You missed this bit

'Manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp is understood to have played a pivotal role in turning around a complicated and sensitive situation, which nobody involved wanted to have a detrimental impact on the squad.

ā€œIt is important but it will happen,ā€ the German explained about the process in a news conference on Friday. ā€œWe will sort it, however it will be. We will sort it. No doubt about that. It will get sorted.ā€

Klopp was determined to avoid a repeat of what happened with Georginio Wijnaldum, whose recent move to Paris Saint-Germain was a result of unsuccessful negotiations to renew his terms. PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino also admires Henderson while Atletico Madrid and Roma have been linked too. If Liverpoolā€™s owner Fenway Sports Group (FSG) gave an impression they might countenance his exit, such suitors may retain an interest regardless of a new contract.ā€™

2 Likes

star wars GIF

1 Like

Little bit of drama for a week, little bit of kisses and hugsā€¦ classic.

1 Like

Well that just backs up my previous comment that Klopp was ready to go to war with FSG to keep his captain.

1 Like

Oke that is number five, now go for Salah and Mane

1 Like

So talks stalled when he was away playing at the Euros and then on holiday?

FSGOut!

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah itā€™s such a none story.

1 Like

I think this is perfect, yes. Basically a 1-year extension with an option on an additional year.

1 Like

Itā€™s not signed yet. There could still be drama. :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, think nearly everyone on here called it as a bullshit story that would easily get sorted out. What did it take, two months? Thatā€™s very fast for contract negotiations - especially when he was away at the Euros for half of it.

Absolute nonsense.

8 Likes

Huh? Our dressing room is full of leaders, including a number of international team captains.

Still, hope the Hendo news is true as heā€™s a ā€˜captain of captainsā€™

1 Like

Here we go again!
Time for a vote? (again)

I propose we hold a vote to see if we should vote again