Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

https://www.gofundme.com/f/get-mbappe-to-liverpool

Let’s get 1 for Jude :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You think he’s not been our long term target for the last couple of seasons?

I would consider it to be. Same way it was a kick in the teeth for Spurs when we stepped in and got Diaz or for United when we stole in and got Gakpo. You get gazumped, fine it happens. You chase a player for two years and then find out you can’t afford him then it’s pretty poor work.

If Bellingham was available last summer we wouldn’t have gone after Tchouameni. And if we’d got Tchouameni, I doubt we’d be still in the market for Bellingham. I don’t think you Tchouameni an opportunistic signing either given he’d have been in the region of our record signing. You don’t spend £60m on someone just because they’re available in an area of the squad you don’t think actually needs it.

What Klopp says in press conferences is one thing, reality is another. He’s not going to sit there and lament missing out on a target whilst calling the rest of the lads shit. He’s not Antonio Conte.

2 Likes

Mood What GIF by NBC

Welp, part one of my predictions is coming true…The Bellingham situation is turning to a classic all eggs in one basket situation and it could be due to money…Where did we see that?

For nothing lol…

:face_with_peeking_eye:I am interested in this bit. Can you share an article on this? I don’t actively participate in the transfer or owner threads apart from an occasional read where this sort of news might come up but I hadn’t heard it before that there were people in the club met with resistance when discussing moving on older players…

1 Like

Read it on here, can’t remember the source - obviously I have NFI what is actually happening.

Everyone would do well to not fly off the handle over press reports. Especially @Notasuperfan.

When something turns up in the papers, it’s been placed there for a reason. That reason is often nothing to do with keeping us informed of the situation.

There are two issues to signing Bellingham. The first is convincing Jude to come. The second is dealing with Dortmund, who will be trying to screw every penny out of us, while we’re trying everything drive the price down.

When you see an article pleading our poverty and suggesting we can’t afford him, that’s more likely to be a message to Dortmund as it is us fans.

It’s all a game. People brief for (small p) political reasons. Let it wash over you it’s nothing to do with us.

5 Likes

Well, all will be known by 1st Sept 2023 if the post by Ornstein is a feint or a reality check for the Kop.

reddy reporting it now…

still, james milner will be like a new signing…

1 Like

Not true. It should be Morton will be like a new signing! Haha!

1 Like

Stop pissing your knickers.

5 Likes

We haven’t put any eggs in the Bellingham basket.

We don’t know how many eggs we have.

He is not our player. If he becomes our player, we will get more clarity on the quantity of eggs flying around.

There was always going to be two possible outcomes: sign him, or don’t sign him. If we sign him, great! If we don’t, there are other good midfielders around, and we can surely sign two very good ones for the price of a Bellingham.

If we fail to do that, then let’s save some of those eggs, both for putting on our own faces, and throwing at FSG.

1 Like

There’s so much noise around Bellingham. Whether the club sign him or not is a wait and see. However, I do feel the club have placed him very near if not at the top of their list. I’m of the view, more or less it will be a failure if the club doesn’t sign him. Conjecture or not.

Mainly on here tbf

1 Like

Far too much hand wringing about this.

The first mistake was for people to follow the clickbait narratives that we want to sign him, that we’re leading the race, that he’s our number one target, when in fact nobody knows anything and are just printing what they are told to or what they’ve made up to please their editor.

The second mistake was believing the latest from Ornstein as the gospel truth and that this means we definitely aren’t signing him and for some reason by extension that we aren’t signing anybody else.

The truth is probably that we are interested in signing him and will if we can. If we can’t then presumably we have other options for the midfield and we haven’t just had people doing nothing for two years other than ringing up Dortmund asking if he’s available yet and how much they want while not speaking to any other club or agent about any other player.

2 Likes

Some seem to think Ornstein is a reliable source.

2 Likes

Jude’s gonna have to score 4 with 7 assists in his first game in Red to match the expectations of this thread.

I wish him luck.

1 Like

quoting you in full but just addressing the bit about staff walking.

IF its true, that any of our coaching staff have walked, just because we extended Milners and Hendersons contracts, then they can fuck right off.

its a ludicrous accusation when you think on it…i refuse to believe it…there may have been opposition, i can understand a voicing of opinions…but to physically quit because we extended James Milners contract, or Jordan Hendersons contract…that would be next level weird

4 Likes

Putting it politely, it bugs me that its common knowledge that he’s a target.

Nice to be shopping at the top table but I hate washing my grundies in public. It leads to 1300 post threads before an offer is made.

3 Likes