Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Case closed eventually

Get over it

The Tchouameni link makes no sense. Reports have started surfacing in the past few weeks about Real’s concern over his form since the world cup and citing that Camavinga and Kroos are now playing in the holding role, but he’s been injured pretty much the entire time.

2 Likes

I was sure Trent inviting him to concerts and Hendo offering him full body massages during international breaks will be enough to convince him.

1 Like
9 Likes

Its not clutching at straws unless youve been desperate for Jude. Im always of a view that no single player is or can be bigger than the whole. I want him, if he doesnt come we move on.

Its just a reality that these stories are part of the transfer dance that goes on. Negative publicity right now suits us more. I made the point a few weeks ago. We cannot win a cash race against the others, so no point the club suggesting we want him to the media.

And just on queue, thanks @Draexnael for posting the alison tweet above.

3 Likes

You can probably rule those names out as the English journos rarely know anything.

Only hope is he goes to Madrid.

Already are.

1 Like

Wouldn’t read anything in these stories, positive or negative. They’ve been briefed and they come out with the same story only a while after it’s reported we’ve placed a bid.

No one has a clue what’s going on.

2 Likes

The moment a fee of £100m+ was quoted we were out.
Fsg just won’t pay that.

But who knows whats going on really?

2 Likes

Fsg would want 5 seasons to pay a fee like that. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I bet he stays another season. If that is the case, I think he wants Liverpool only and will join in the summer after this one.

Just seen that Dortmund want £135m up front plus add ons.

We need 4 or 5 new midfielders so makes no sense to pay £135m for one unless fsg are spending £350m this summer

Just get me in there. I scored five last night in my 6-a-side league from midfield. I’ll play for cheap too although I’m full body aching today and can barely walk so maybe I’ll be limited to just one game a week.

3 Likes

Funnily enough they all seem to have slightly different lists or different takes on the names we’ve heard. Some say we’ve cooled on Nunes, others think he’s on the list. Seen Tielemans on one but not others. Koopmeiners is on Neil Jones list but not seen his name mentioned elsewhere.

The one name that is a constant is Mason Mount’s. Does that become more likely should the homegrown nature of Bellingham no longer be an option.

2 Likes

Not really surprised. We need a minimum of three midfielders, a centre back and a forward this summer. Can make a strong argument for us also needing a right back. If the reports are correct that City, Chelsea, United and PSG are all in for him then we were never going to be able to compete at the price they’ll be willing to go to as well strengthening other areas with the necessary quality.

Some of the names on the list of alternatives put forward by a few of them is a bit concerning mind. Tielemens, Nunes, Koopmeiners, Palhinha, Mount, Gallagher, Gravenberch…just meh.

[quote=“Herb, post:1588, topic:2246, full:true”] We need a forward this summer.
[/quote]

We’re not signing a forward. Gakpo was brought in when Bobby made his decision to leave.

3 Likes

My guess is that those journalists were briefed by us. They needed to make clear to clear to any potential selling club that we don’t pay silly money and they needed a big statement.

I’m assuming that Jude has expressed a preference to join us. Whether he moves at all is another matter. If it was us or no-one then the ball is very much in Dortmund’s court.

I assume it will be one of Mount or Gallagher.

Or it was just a guess.

Oddly…weve known Bellingham is gonna cost over £120m+ for 3 years…but have decided to walk away now after 3 years of waiting for him…

3 Likes

According to the internet. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

2 Likes