Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Exactly, on a 3-4 year contract right at the end of his career at the top level.

Not signing Bellingham is fine, there are lots of good options out there.

The worrying thing is the strong noise around Mount and Gravenberch. Hopefully we will do better than that.

1 Like

We spent 160m on Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo so thats half way there.

1 Like

Id say Diaz is more consistent than Mane was when he arrived.

1 Like

Diaz is outstanding. People seem to forget our season was starting to falter a little before he signed, and we were miles behind City.

He is not an issue at all unless he returns to a lower level after his injury, he’s a wonderful player.

13 Likes

I have never really believed it, stank of PR move from miles away after the embarrassement of last summer, and was getting repeatedly recycled after bad results. They backed themselves into that corner though, so it will be funny to see what happens now.

There isn’t anything strong on Graverbach.

Mount seems to be common but Graverbach is about as much linked as Nunes and Caciedo.

1 Like

I can happen!

:+1:

:-1:

A marauding midfield TAA will make us forget him.

1 Like

BBC carrying it now:

The rose tinted glasses are very red around here

Excellent! And I still move quicker than Fabinho.

Never thought it was a good idea to spend anywhere near his quoted price for a single player. We don’t want obscene owners but yet want owners to spend obscene money for one player. Not me.

1 Like

Have to say it’s really odd report.

Club does not sign player.

1 Like

worst case here is if he DOES sign an extention and we decide its best to wait another summer for the services of this player.

wonderful player…generational apparently (i havent watched enough, but from what ive seen, yeah, he’s class) but not worth blowing a season on.

1 Like

He was the only player I would consider spending that amount of money due to his age and he seems to be proven, 150 million over 5 years $30m a year and if he stays another 5 that is $15m a year, it isactually value for money, we just forked out $4m for Arthur on loan for the year!

However we do need more than 1 player

to be fair, no one in their right mind ever saw fsg spending this kind of money on one player especially with no player sales involved. it was all wishful thinking really… what FSG has done is pre-empt the disappointment now before transfer window opens…

2 Likes

No chance for this, I don’t think.

We will continue another route this summer, regardless what he does. Move this summer, stay at Dortmund, signs a new contract. That doesn’t guarantee us anything.

What happens with our midfield situation going into the summer of 2024, if Jude is still there or available to buy from wherever… is another question for another time.

Any anger shouldn’t be at us missing out on Bellingham. It should be directed at us not signing a midfielder for 3 years while waiting for him. Was predictable how his value would rise. Inexcusable really that we’ve gone from such a position of strength to where we are now

7 Likes