Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Well, let’s hope he doesn’t appears in City’s colours. It will be double the insult.

I remembered some people were about chickens and counting them before they hatch. It’s all coming back to roost now!

Well I saw Firmino play at Hoffenheim and everybody knew he was one of the best in the league, now the Bundesliga is a proper League. On the other hand, I saw Gakpo play in the Dutch league, the Mickey Mouse League and saw him do excellent against small teams and not showing up in the big games.

To me it is obvious that he will be a filler but feel free to have as much patience as you want, IMHO he will never be a difference maker when puch comes to shove.

3 Likes

Thing is, he wasn’t costing that amount for 3 years but we decided to wait for him somehow thinking the price was going to go down. That’s pretty laughable.

1 Like

Surely anyone with a semblance of football sense would have known that…

Hey Jude, don’t make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better

Come on man!

1 Like

didnt help rodgers put him either on the wing or on the bench!

i dont beleive that we have totally shelved signing Bellingham. Weve known its gonna cost over £120m for a while now. Hopefully the journos have been asked to put this out so that it can all get sorted in the background.
LFC would look pretty stupid tracking and talking to the parents of this lad while hoping dortmund would drop the fee to £70m just for them.

1 Like

Might not be price but structure of the deal. May just be part of the usual song and dance around buying players. I’m not going to pay it any attention and just wait until we see who we do sign.

It can’t be any coincidence that the reports came out so quickly after the Fjortoft one.

2 Likes

I dont think you can look at our interest in Bellingham and any decision to hold off from making a formal or at least public bid in isolation though.

My biggest concern about the whole thing is the names linked as alternatives!

Where is K.Thuram, Kone and Ugarte? The names listed are all premiership players, lazy fucking scouting if true, far better value outside this league.

Was an interesting point in the Neil Jones article that a big part of the problem is the unexpected Fabinho nose dive in terms of form, performance and legs, made a rebuild much bigger.

1 Like

If we got them three I’d be very happy

Perhaps I am being naive, but I don’t see why they felt they needed to inform the fans that they’ve dropped their interest in Bellingham.

What’s the point? The fans would get disappointed whether it happened now or in the summer. In fact, if they waited until summer, fan disillusionment would be tempered by signings on the way or already completed.

The brief makes zero sense to me. Unless it has been leaked unwillingly or by someone who is unhappy with the decision. Otherwise, I’d say that it’s not meant for the fanbase.

In any case, Klopp’s next press conference will be most interesting.

4 Likes

Looks for certain like a brief from the club itself to have all the major outlets report this. Odd that they would do that, and why now? I’d be disappointed for sure if we weren’t willing to try and bring Jude here, would be pig sick to see him lining up for Man City or Madrid.

1 Like

Insert ‘currently’ before 8th

No, just never kidded myself that it was a sure thing. Yes, there was a chance. But people thought because he hugged Trent and stared intensely at Jordan that we’d signed him already. He has never hinted at it, and FSG have never hinted they’d spend the money it would inevitably cost

1 Like

Did anyone seriously think we were going to sign 3 midfielders and one of them was going to be Bellingham. I would not be surprised if he ends up at either manc clubs.

Yeah. Very odd. Why on earth would the club want to send this kind of message to the media? If Dortmund asks too much, we naturally back off. As @Mascot said, that’s part of the negociations. But involving the media is really odd and doesn’t look very professional to be honest.

Anyway, Bellingham was never coming to us, so that’s that. :wink:

Exactly.

Glad he ain’t coming if this is the case as the money is a pisstake, …just one question though, isn’t he in the last year of his contract ? If so I thought the trend normally follows that the price drops significantly rather than increases ?

1 Like

2 years left.

Price is absurd but you have 2-3 of the moneybag clubs after him and 1 of them will conclude a deal with Dortmund.

Ah well, Mason Mount and Conor Gallagher on loan it is Odin! Get in!

The most infuriating thing about all of this is the severe ignorance from the people running the club. I mean they could just open this thread on their computer and all the information on what they should do, or should’ve done is right here.

The people at the club who work on signing players are paid competitive salaries, they work on scouting, analysing data, tracking the market, getting to know the players and their personalities and their backgrounds, negotiating with the players agents etc. All this waste of time they do, when they could just walk down to the pub and ask Mark the construction worker who plays Football Manager 2021 who to buy and how to proceed with the transfer. I mean its just few mouse clicks (or pressing the blue x button on the controller), and the signing is done.

It really is as easy as it sounds.

1 Like